trying to amend 2012 return.

This question is about a 2012 amendment.  I just filed my 2013 return yesterday using Turbo Tax online free.  I now realize that I need to amend my 2012 return, which was also filed using Turbo Tax online free - over a year ago.  This has nothing to do with the 2013 return I filed yesterday.  I followed all of the steps, downloaded the 2012 software, and my 2012 return.  I started the amendment process using the program, and immediately got an error message that said the status of my e-filed return is still pending, and I need to wait until it has been filed and accepted.  Even though the 2013 filing should not apply here, I have already received an email on that return confirming that it has been filed and accepted by the IRS.  So why can't I proceed with amending my 2012 return?  

Answer

I have the CD version and have the exact same issue.  So this is not just an issue with the "free" online version.  I own TT 2012 and 2013.  My 2013 efile has been accepted by the IRS and I get the same error as you and cannot amend my 2012 return with the 2012 software.

Was this answer helpful? Yes No

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community