TurboTax AnswerXchange Home Page

Not sure what 5049 form is?

• I am married filing separately in Michigan. I have never had to fill out Form 5049 in the past and it is keeping me from filing electronically with the State. Do I have to fill this form out? I am NOT claiming any related Homestead Credits.
  • The below answer is not helpful. Can somebody at TURBOTAX please answer this? I cannot complete my taxes because of this form!

Hi richmac2215

I see you are in Michigan, which they have a worksheet 5049 for those filing married but separately.

To view the form, pleaseĀ click here

Let me know if you have questions.

• Turbo Tax is saying that I do not qualify for Homestead credits but then forces me to fill out the form. I am NOT trying to claim any of this. You have a glitch in your system.
  • Let me clarify...it will not let me submitt my Michigan State tax return unless I fill out this form. When I do fill it out, it then tells me I cannot qualify for e-filing.

Similar questions other people found helpful: