TurboTax AnswerXchange Home Page

I changed from the Windows to a Macbook Air. How can I change my Turbotax version?

Please recall that the macbook air doesn't have a CD.

How can i get the software I purchase automatically each year for the Mac, instead?  

Also, can I assume there won't be a problem reading the data files?

Thank you, Brian

Hi Brian!

If you use TurboTax Advantage, you should have downloads of TurboTax Desktop for both Mac and Windows in your account.  You can also change your preference by logging in here (https://turbotax.intuit.com/advantage/signin.jsp) and going to Your Product.

The .tax files are the same on both Mac and Windows and will read on either system.

• I have
      TURBOTAX ADVANTAGE TY2013 PREMIER MAC DOWNLOAD
      in my account.  The other files are Windows downloads.

But worse yet, when I download that file, the extension is .mdlp, which is assigned to Simulink, a Mathworks program.  Ordinarily on my Mac downloaded programs have a .dmg extension.

So, what do you suggest I do?

Thank you,
      Brian Wandell

Similar questions other people found helpful: