Entry from a 1099-B, to be reported on form 8949, Part II, with Box D checked is currently not possible, only boxes A-C. When will Turbotax allow entries to boxes D-F?

I am having the opposite problem.  My 1099 says to report my L-T Capital Gains on Part II, Box A.  My problem is that there is no Box A on my Form 8949, Part II -- it only has Box D,E,F.  So it appears to me that somebody/something is wrong here -- either my 1099 or TurboTax.

Whoops, just checked again.  The Schwab 1099 says Part II, Box A, but a M-L Edge 1099 says Part II, Box D.  So it looks like a call to Schwab tomorrow to see what is going on.

One last comment - are you on TT 2013.  Last year, TT just had Box A,B.C on Part II, but my TT 2013 does have D,E,F on Part II.  Just a thought -- or maybe as someone suggested, you need the updates.  Don't know when TT made the changes.  And for others that have Schwab 1099s, beware that the language there may be wrong, although the wording of the three options each of the 8949 (Part I and Part II) seems to be correct.  ron in round rock

P.S.  Not an answer - can't tell how to make a comment.

Was this answer helpful? Yes No

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community