TurboTax AnswerXchange Home Page

I need to deduct expenses from a 1099

• Hello Buffy 14034
    What expenses are you trying to deduct?
  • What kind of 1099 did you receive...1099-MISC, 1099-B, etc? If it was a 1099-MISC, what box was the dollar amount in?  Also, what did you do, exactly, to earn this money?  Thanks, Karen
  • 1099 MISC.  The dollar amount was in box 7.  This was work I did at the church and they just reimbursed me for the cost of the material that I purchased.   Because we had to go through a Title company they had to put it on the 1099-MISC.   I just do not want to have to pay taxes on this.  It really isn't income.   Can I increase donations for the same amount to make it a wash?

Similar questions other people found helpful: