I got Form 3922 from my broker for ESPP share sales/purchase. I also got Form 1099-B from broker giving details buy date, sell date, purchase price and sale price. When I put in Turo Tax Premier - I see that net gain/loss is identical in both cases. It seems I am adding the same info twice and as such the taxable income is increased. How do I avoid this? Do I delete form 3922 information or don;t report 1099-B information? Thanks for your help/answers.
TurboTax Product Support
You don't need to enter Form 3922 on your return - this form is for informational purposes only.
However, hang on to this form; you'll need it to figure your cost basis when you enter the 1099-B from selling your ESPP shares.
Click here to read more about Form 3922.
Hope this helps.
People come to TurboTax AnswerXchange for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:
- Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
- Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
- Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
- Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
- Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.