TurboTax AnswerXchange Home Page

How do I know how much I received for food stamps in Kansas?

I received SNAP (food stamp) assistance last year while I was off work due to surgeries and then when I entered school. I never received anything from the state telling me how much they were for the whole year. How I do find this total to put it into my taxes?

• Does Kansas require that information? Because it is not an entry on your federal return at all.

Hello bees! I did some research on the Kansas state revenue site and I do not see where that information is taxed on your state return.  Here is the website link that I found: http://www.ksrevenue.org/personal.html.  Also, I would also suggest contacting the state department to make sure.  I hope this information helps.  Have a great evening!

Hello brooke_foster_20!

Thank you for contacting TurboTax.  In order to find the total amount of SNAP assistance you received last year, you should contact the SNAP assistance office and they can give you the exact amount that you received.  They will be able to give you the exact amount in order for you enter it on your taxes.  I hope this information helps.  Have a wonderful evening!

Similar questions other people found helpful: