I filled my taxes on the 3rd of Feb. and I got my state taxes back with in a week from that. I still havnt recived my federal taxes yet. Turbo tax says i should get it by the 24th. I tried to see what the IRS website says and they say it is still being processed. So was just wondering why it is taking this long to process my return? Thanks.
IRS says that something like 98% of the returns are processed within three weeks from the time accepted -- there is no guarantee -- and besides there is nothing one can do . If the return gets kicked out for some reason then manual intervention is required and that takes time. It has nothing to do with TurboTax -- and if your state is like California , it runs in parallel to the IRS and you catually may get your state refund earlier than the Federal refund. Best advice ( even if you don't like it ) is to wait and wait. If after five weeks , you still don't see any change in WMR status, then by all means call the IRS.
People come to TurboTax AnswerXchange for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:
- Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
- Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
- Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
- Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
- Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.