How do I report 1099-S for inherited house? Investment Income only allows 1099-B info.

Mother died in 2013. House was transferred on death to 5 kids. house was sold 5 mo. later for $25,000 (Fair Mkt Value: $29,000). Kids each got $5000. Got a 1099-S from the attorney showing $5000 gross proceeds. I tried to report this in Turbo Tax under Wages/Income, then Investment Income, but it only allows 1099-B info. Where do I report 1099-S info if it's not the sale of my MAIN home? Or do I not have to report this since it's inherited & sold at a loss?

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community