TurboTax AnswerXchange Home Page

i have codes 570/971 spoke with irs said my account is fine just still processing

Does yours say "971 Notice issued"?  Just wondering because I got the same codes (570,971)

• Any Updates?
    • mine is still the same 1121 er
    • Same here.  

I'm a 1121 too! Transcripts have two code 570 and one code 971 for $0.00 so in essence that's a good sign....I hope.  I compared previous years transcripts to see a forecast or norm but it doesn't help explain this years.

After reading several and several pages of tax code explanations a 971 could just be a notice letter sent or a filler to ultimately reverse a freeze on a refund that was issued at one time....got to love the IRS!

http://auditdetective.com/Transaction_Code_Definitions.html#codeDef400

Mine says the same and I am a 1121 er. It did change from previous 570 and the dates changed to 03/10/14 and now I have 971. I did the same and called IRS and they said everything is fine just still processing.

• Same for me. I called and they said I was under review WTH
    • Any new news on this?
    • now I have 2 570 I give up
    • I have two 570s to @dottie9113! But that's followed by a 971.  All are $0.00 which I believe are good things.....

If I'm reading the tax code explanations right from the manual found online, it could be a filler during processing to keep the hold (refund freeze) on until processing completes.

I have the 971/570 codes too, with $0.00 next to them and a processed date of 2/24/14.  I do not have the 1121 error.  

As of this morning,  I have two 570 codes on my transcripts. I still have no 971. Does anyone else have the same.
    • I meant to ask you did you have 1121 error
    • Nope never got That!
    • I have 2 570 codes what does that mean I have never had that before
    • hic4307..I have the slightest idea
    • so you did get a chance to speak to them about the 570 code is it something will drop off soon
    • hic4307..i just got conflicting stories, so not at all!!! Did you?
    • Same here.  

• anthony where do you see 971 is a filler to reverse a freeze?
    • I didn't say it is a filler or that the wording was in the link above...I'm just taking an educated saying the TC 971 "could" be a filler during the review process because of the freeze.
    • Ooops my bad Anthony. Ne ways no updates or changes for me so will see what happens this week..
    • You good...the 21 days was over Friday so I'm calling them Monday, 7am EST and inquire more and I'm going to call back every 4-5 hours to see if I'll get conflicting information.

I had a simple return...no credits...just wages and paid taxes of those wages.
    • This is my 28th day. I was accepted the 26th but irs says the date was the 28th. Got that from many ppl too...

Similar questions other people found helpful: