TurboTax AnswerXchange Home Page

The error message showed Error 2145386407, “job’s cost transfer policy settings prevent job from transferring.” ?

I purchased and downloaded Turbo Tax Deluxe yesterday.  After starting the program, I upgraded to Premier, per program’s suggestion.  In the next session, I received a notice dialog box for Site Prep Upgrade, estimated for 3 minutes.  The download was not successful, and nothing happened after 10 minutes.  I checked your troubleshooter, and it said to exit, restart and try the check for updates in the main program.  I did that, and the download failed again.  The error message showed Error 2145386407, “job’s cost transfer policy settings prevent job from transferring.”  The error message contained a link to “check for solution”, but my computer locked when I clicked.

• We are having this same issue, although we're using the Deluxe version. I ran into this first with the Federal updates but was able to work around it by downloading the federal update manually, but now the Maryland state forms will not download with the same error about job cost policy. The web site says we can't download the state forms manually. I've checked my firewall settings and that's not the problem. When I try to download the state forms from the Online menu, it says I have to pay an additional fee, but the TurboTax box says "Federal & State Returns plus Federal E-File". How can we fix this?!

Hello hgmcnamee,

I apologize for the inconvenience, but here here is a way to work around the error you are receiving.  Click the link below to manually update your program:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901192-manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-deluxe...

Thank you for using TurboTax,

Sylvester

• I tried this and the problem persists.

Similar questions other people found helpful: