I have both of these, too. Worried.
I was so happy yesterday because I could order my return transcript, but then today still no DDD on WMR. So I started looking over the account transcripts and that's where I saw the 971 and 570. From everything I've read online, the 971 just means they've sent a letter and the 570 means the refund is frozen for some reason.
Oh, boy. From the highest of highs yesterday, to the lowest today. Just not sure what to do.
Hello guys my original Direct deposit date was 02/06 I got a 570 and yesterday 02/25 my transcript updated to 571 action completed and 846 refund issued meaning they released the freeze. So it took about 4 week delay to get my refund.
I have been reading this form for about two weeks now because I was trying to understand exactly what was going on with my tax refund that I filed on Feb 9th 2014. Every time I checked the "Where's my refund?" on the irs.gov site, I continually got a message saying that I have to wait 24 hours after my refund is processed in order to get a status update. The site said they have no information about my refund. I was confused because Turbotax said that my refund had been accepted by the Irs... so I questioned, why hadn't they processed my refund. I've read stories on this site about people having to wait long periods of time for their refund because of a code 971 and 570 on their refunds. So, I went on the irs site, found my transcripts for 2013 and viewed them online. Lo and Behold I was a 971 and a 570 person, and there was indeed a hold on my taxes. I was so worried, but decided to let it go. Well, I'm proud to report, My 570 status has changed to a 571 and my refund will be processed on 3/10/2014 and will be DD on 5/17/2014. The reason for my hold is that I receive a 1099 and I owe some money (which is no surprise, because I owe every year) but this is the first time my money was held. No to mention, I received a letter in the mail about two days ago stating that I owe a few hundred and that they deducted the few hundred from my refund. So, if u get a 1099 this could be the reason for your tax hold... and NO WORRIES... as long as the amount u owe doesn't exceed the return that it due. Tootles! xoxoxox :)
Trewit, and everyone that's income and wage verification page for 2013 is blank with the "no return filed".
There seems to be a good handful of those that have this common connection and also have code 971 , followed by code 570. Or just 570 by itself , and even some 570 then 971 club lol!
It almost appears to me that we are in a batch that was pulled for further review and or are in proessing delays. If your cycle date comes and goes and no money comes in post it here so we can track this consistency to help each other! As movement on one can signify movement on others. Posting when you filed and were accepted and your cycle date is also VERY helpful as it tells us if this is mainly impacting the early filers. It appears that the IRS system may have had a glitch in processing or inputting some of the tax payers income, w-2, 1099 income etc that would have shown also or should be showing on our 2013 income and wage verification sheets since it clearly is visible on our 2013 actual return etc...One person on this forum already has received a W3 request from the IRS that is sent to their employer for them to complete and then send back to the IRS and to the Social Security Administration. I have never had this request sent to myself before but expect to receive the same. If you receive one it means you probably if you look at your present account transcript page for 2013 probably have a -R freeze on your refund holding it from release until the further action is completed. Please let us know if this is you too , as if it is a group of us and we are all in the same acceptance window then that tells me that we are probably part of a "batch or group that was pulled for further review or processing and we wont see our WWR update or a notice on WWR until the 21 days have expired. However, look for a letter to come in the mail once the 21 days have expired. it is usually a 4115C , a CP05 or a letter 4464C.
garrett19581 I do not have 570 and the 971 does have $0. The date is 2-24
I too am a 570/971 person, with no Income/Wage verification for 2013. Both codes have zero dollars aligned against and my cycle date was 20140605 with zero changes as of this morning.
I need Help!! I have codes 150/806/766/768..then these 2..((570/971)). Can any one reassure me that's its ok??.. Is this normal? the amount beside both of these 2 main codes I stress are zero. At the top of my transcript its got a negative balance f my refund amount. Is that good? My cycle date is 20140601. can anyone please explain this please? Thanks
People come to TurboTax AnswerXchange for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:
- Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
- Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
- Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
- Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
- Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.