TurboTax AnswerXchange Home Page

2/6/14 refunds delayed?

Hey everyone,

So I originally showed that I would receive my direct deposit on 2/6/14, but instead on that day the message at WMR changed to an alert of some kind with the following text: 

>>>>>>>>

There is a delay in processing your tax return and your expected refund date may have changed.

If you have questions or need additional information, please have the following on hand when you call:
  • A copy of this page.
  • A copy of your tax return.
  • The Social Security Number, Filing Status, and refund amount claimed on your return.
  • Any notice that you have received concerning your refund.
Please mention reference number 1121 to the IRS Customer Service Representative.
IRS Hours of Service:
Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. 
Call:
1-800-829-0582, when asked for an extension, enter 362.
From outside the US call 267-941-1000.
TTY/TDD: 1-800-829-4059

>>>>>>>

Above that was an alert with a red exclamation point that said "TAKE ACTION' in red followed by: Please see below for additional info on your refund. 

I called the number, and other than expressing that other peoples refunds were delayed, the woman on the line, who was very polite by the way, could not offer me any information on why I had an error code. 

Also my friendly little bar with submitted, accepted, approved is gone. Before I had been approved with a refund Direct Deposit Date of the 6th. 

Any help would be grand. 

Don't know. I got the same BS after it said it was sent to my bank.
      List of codes and their meaning

1221 Refund delayed, pulled for review, within 7 cycles conduct account analysis 

Here are all the codes: 

Reference Code Status 
      Description 

IRM 
      1001 Refund paper check mailed more than 4 weeks ago See IRM 21.4.1.3.4, Refund Issued But, Lost, Stolen, Destroyed or Not Received 
      1101 No data, taxpayer filed paper return more than 6 weeks ago See IRM 21.4.1.3.1.1, Return Not Found 
      1102 No data, taxpayer filed electronic return more than 3 weeks ago See IRM 21.4.1.3.1.1, Return Not Found 
      1021 FMS part offset, check mailed more than 4 weeks ago See IRM 21.4.1.3.2, Return/Refund Located 
      1061 FMS part offset, direct deposit more than 1 week ago See IRM 21.4.1.3.2., Return/Refund Located 
      1121 Problem identified; P-Freeze IRM 21.5.6.4.23, P- Freeze 
      1141 Refund delayed liability on another account; V- Freeze more than 8 cycles IRM 21.5.6.4.34, V- Freeze 
      1161 Refund delayed, bankruptcy on account :-V Freeze, CLOSING-CD-IND is 'Y'; less than 8 weeks IRM 21.5.6.4.35, -V Freeze 
      1181 Refund delayed, pulled for review, not within 7 cycles conduct account analysis 
      1201 All other conditions not covered by a status code conduct account analysis 
      1221 Refund delayed, pulled for review, within 7 cycles conduct account analysis 
      1241 Paper return received more than 6 weeks ago; -E Freeze; in review, notice for additional information will be received IRM 21.5.6.4.8, -E Freeze 
      1242 Electronic return received more than 3 weeks ago; –E Freeze; in review, notice for additional information will be received IRM 21.5.6.4.8, -E Freeze 
      1261 Paper return received more than 6 weeks ago; –Q Freeze; in review, notice for additional information will be received IRM 21.5.6.4.25, -Q Freeze 
      1262 Electronic return received more than 3 weeks ago; -Q Freeze; in review, notice for additional information will be received IRM 21.5.6.4.25, -Q Freeze 
      1301 Fact of Filing Electronic return received more than 3 weeks ago; no other information See IRM 21.4.1.3.1.2, Return Found/Not Processed 
      1341 Refund delayed, liability on another account; V- Freeze IRM 21.5.6.4.34, V- Freeze 
      1361 Refund withheld for part/full payment of another tax liability; V- Freeze IRM 21.5.6.4.34, V- Freeze 
      1381 Refund withheld for part/full payment of another tax liability; V- Freeze IRM 21.5.6.4.34, V- Freeze 
      1401 Refund withheld for part/full payment of another tax liability; V- Freeze IRM 21.5.6.4.34, V- Freeze 
      1421 Refund delayed bankruptcy on account; -V Freeze; more than 8 weeks IRM 21.5.6.4.35, -V Freeze 
      1441 Refund delayed, SSN, ITIN or Name mismatch with SSA/IRS; return posted to Invalid Segment IRM 21.5.6.4.13, I- Freeze 
      1461 Taxpayer is advised their refund check was mailed undelivered by the Postal Service. Taxpayer is provided the option to update their address online. Check account to determine if the taxpayer changed their address online. If address is changed, advise taxpayer their request is being processed. 
      If taxpayer did not change their address, follow instructions in IRM 21.4.3.4.3, Undeliverable Refund Checks. 
      1481 Refund delayed, return Unpostable See IRM 21.4.1.3.1.2, Return Found/Not Processed 
      1501 Direct Deposit between 1 and 2 weeks ago, check with bank, file check claim See IRM 21.4.1.4.7.1, Direct Deposit of Refunds 
      1502 Direct Deposit more than 2 weeks ago, check with bank, file check claim See IRM 21.4.1.4.7.1, Direct Deposit of Refunds 
      1521 No data, paper return taxpayer filed more than 6 weeks ago; TIN not validated IRM 21.5.6.4.13, I- Freeze 
      1522 No data, taxpayer filed electronic return more than 3 weeks ago; TIN not validated See IRM 21.4.1.3.1.1, Return Not Found 
      2007/2008 Taxpayer's check returned undelivered by the Postal Service and taxpayer does not meet Internet Refund Fact of Filing (IRFOF) eligibility. For example account may have an additional liability, or a freeze code other than S-. Analyze account and take appropriate action. 
      2009 Taxpayer's check returned undelivered by the Postal Service and taxpayer does not meet IRFOF eligibility. Taxpayer does not pass disclosure through IRFOF due to lack of data on IRFOF. IRM 21.4.3.4.3, Undeliverable Refund Checks 
      8001 Paper return taxpayer filed more than 6 weeks ago, failed authentication Conduct account analysis. 
      8002 Electronic return taxpayer filed more than 3 weeks ago, failed authentication Conduct account analysis. 
      9001 Taxpayer accessed Refund Status using a secondary TIN. Refund Status could not be returned. Get a Primary TIN Analyze account and follow appropriate IRM. 
      9021 Reference Code for all math error conditions Analyze account and follow appropriate IRM 
      9022 Math error on return. Direct deposit more than 1 week ago Analyze account and follow appropriate IRM 
      9023 Math error on return. Refund paper check mailed more than 4 weeks ago Analyze account and follow appropriate IRM 
      9024 Math error on return. Balance due more than $50 Analyze account and follow appropriate IRM
      Source:

and here is the link to the p-freeze which is what code 1121 is and why we all get different answers when we call irs

http://www.irs.gov/irm/part21/irm_21-005-006r-cont01.html#d0e2235

I just got off the phone with the IRS and was told that there was glitch and that a group of people were told that there refunds were processed and to be deposited on 2/6/14. Some of those actually did get dd but the majority of the group was given false information.

These returns are now on HOLD and they stated they are not even doing anything with them until the 21st and that I could call back after that and get a status.

They stated that our refund will take longer than it should and that all they could say was sorry and that at least they caught their mistake early.

• I call bull on not doing anything until after the 31st (not saying you are lying). If they make a mistake, they should fix it in a timely fashion!! Are they going to be paying us penalties and interest?

I read about the 1121-p freeze on the IRS website. It generally means one of two things.
            1. You or your bank have returned the deposit/check for any number of reasons.
            2. Possible identity theft and even after a 21+ 60 day wait, they are still instructed to take no action to release the funds.
            Now, they could just be using it as general code in this instance and it seems this is more likely as there is NO WAY that pretty much everyone set up for DD on 2/6 are possible identity theft victims and if we are they should be telling us.
          • Catching it "early" would mean that it would have never happened and we would have had our refund on time.
          • You guys should check out the other thread on here under "Where's my refund status change!" I have posted more info on there which may help you all out.

It is in regards to cycle dates and how to find out on your own when your refund will post.

got the same  thing..

I got the same thing

I called the IRS and they said that there was no errors, but they couldn't tell me when the refund would be issued. Told me to call back if it wasn't issued by the 20th.

They are finally saying something about the issue.  I hope this helps...

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/Filing-Season-Update

Thank you for posting that, Sandra.  I was wondering when they would actually acknowledge the situation!  They fail to mention that their site went as far as to say our refunds were deposited, but never were!  sighh, keep checking!

Mine finally went back to processing so maybe it is finally going to get deposited. Heres hoping guys!
                  • Mine too! Cross your toes!
                  • Mine never got off processing but got deposited last night.

it wont even let me talk to an irs agent anymore when i call all it says is that my return is being processed and then they hang up on me i had a ddd of 2/6 and it is now 2/20 i am about to be evicted and need to talk to someone does anyone know how i can actually speak to someone instead of just getting an automated response that doesnt help me whatsoever

• Check your bank today. Mine never gave me a dat it just dd

Similar questions other people found helpful: