TurboTax AnswerXchange Home Page

My return was accepted by not approved?

My federal return was accepted by the IRS on Monday January 27th. Why hasn't the IRS "approved" my refund yet? Does it typically take this long for it to be approved?

Check it today I got accepted on the 27th and filed kids and got approved for the 12th
      Same here just checked wmr still has not been approved. My daughter did hers with H&R on 2-1-14 and received. Her dd today . WTH?
      • Same here.  I filed mine with Turbotax on 27 Jan, and she used HR Block on 31 Jan and she was approved with a DDD 2 days ago:(

I think that the process was so much faster last year. Or maybe I am just a little less patient.

Filed on 2/5 and WMR doesn't say approved, just received.  This is weird.

• Same here
        • Mine accepted on the 4 th  but not approved yet
        • I never have a problem.  My daughter did her taxes the week before and there was no delay.  I don't understand.
        • Same here I filed on the 5th and it was accepted. I still have yet to get an approval. Although I know I owe from 2011 I ended up doing a amended return. So I only owed 300 so I just had the fed take an additional $10 out my check every week. I am wondering if its still going to be an issue with my return. I need my money :-(
        • Still haven't gotten approved, got accepted feb 5, should I worry?
        • Not yet I don't think.  I know someone that filed a couple of days before me and just got approved and their DD date today and their date is 2/18.  So if they filed on the 3rd, I'm thinking we should see something soon.  Hold tight, I guess having to process millions of returns is taking a toll.  I will feel so much better when I get the bar saying approved!
        • Yeah me too! I need my money
        • I got a feb 21 dd
        • I got a 2/20 dd
        • I got a 2/20 dd also but irs still say processing
        • Mines says approved but not accepted yet. I was hoping I would have the money by tomorrow. By the looks of the comments that's not going to happen. I am kind of disappointed with turbo tax this year. Apparently I have to pay an additional fee of about $30 bucks that wasn't included in my total which is already 115. I should have just gone and gotten my taxes done for free
        • Same here smh this is beyond crazy this year...

Mine is the same way, it has me so nervous but this does make me feel a bit better. A little worried still. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Similar questions other people found helpful: