This post has been closed and is not open for comments or answers.

has anyone received their refund for 2013 when being accepted on January 28th? #january282013 #refund2014

I filed on the 22nd of January and was accepted on the 28th of January. I am aware that I am within the window of delivery being that it is only the 6th but WMR is still on one bar and its been about 10 days. I can't order my transcripts because my information apparently does not match up with their records. I don't know what to do.

Hello Posters: Please read this before clouding the thread with your own individual File/Accepted/Approved dates and your own personal filing criteria. THIS REAL ISSUE HERE IS SPECIFIC TO RETURNS ACCEPTED BETWEEN 1/26-1/28. THERE IS A HANGUP IN THOSE ACCEPTED DATES. THE PROBLEM WE ARE SEEING IS THAT REFUNDS ACCEPTED BEFORE AND AFTER OUR DATES HAVE PROGRESSED THRU THE APPROVAL STAGES. THEY HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED, APPROVED, AND THOSE TAXPAYERS HAVE RECEIVED A DIRECT DEPOSIT DATE, WHEREAS OUR REFUNDS ACCEPTED 1/26-1/28 ARE IN LIMBO FOR SEVERAL DAYS AND HAVEN'T SEEN ANY PROGRESSION THRU THE APPROVAL STATUS OR ANY CHANGE THRU THE IRS WEBSITE "WHERE'S MY REFUND" OR THRU TURBOTAXES REFUND STATUS UPDATE SITE.

• Mine was accepted on the 25th and I don't have a direct deposit date either. Its very frustrating when returns after mine already have received their return.
    • No progression here and accepted the 26th. Does anyone know why it is only affecting these dates?
    • We do not know yet. Believe there might be a bug in TT system. Other tax preparer outlets (HR Block for example) with returns accepted 1/26-1/28 have progressed thru the approval status accordingly. TT IT is looking into the issue. Please stay tuned for more information.
    • Accepted the 28th n still havnt got a refund date and my status has not changed from accepted
    • @nikki.torres.sch - WHAT are they doing about it?!?!? Do you know??? I was accepted on 1/26 and today is DAY 12 with the "processing" message!!! I AM OUTRAGED TO READ THIS POST! WE SHOULD DEMAND AN ANSWER!!!!
    • @amandaguy, we are trying. There is a lot of us in this position and we are all unhappy about it. I've been trying to call and send lots of messages. No one wants to admit they are at fault
    • That is what I was thinking! Have they told you anything?
    • I guess what we need to know is are we going to have to refile again?!?!?!
    • Hi amandaguy17. They have to locate the bug, diagnose why it is there and the trigger point, and fix it. That takes some time. And, it appears they didn't realize it until this morning when myself and the thread starter brought it up. I understand you are upset. But being Outraged won't help the situation any. Be it as it may, we are still within the window and TT is working on it. All I can say is to stay tuned... hopefully will have some information soon.
    • LOL!!! I like ALL CAPS!!! Dont mean to come off yelling at you WE SHOULD ALL THANK YOU!!!
    • I do demand an answer this is rediculous we use this site because of the speed n affectivness n now this
    • Another note...did they say that they were going to fix it and let all of us know!
    • thanks amandaguy. i don't always use ALL CAPS to yell... but to bold something and make it more visible. Mainly, to get people reading to leave their irrelevant comments to themselves. TT has said they are working on it and will post to THIS thread when more information becomes available. People get really worked up about these things. And I totally get it. I'm trying to keep my cool. I've worked in IT for several years... and it's always best to notify customers of the issues as soon as you know. I honestly do not believe TT was aware of the issue until this morning. I'm getting constant email notifications for every post on this thread and I consider myself vested, now. LOL :) But being that I'm getting notifications for every post, it's frustrating and ineffective to post comments that do not pertain to the matter.

Anyways... amandaguy17 and deandieeffenderfe... just stay posted. That's the best I can say. Hopefully more information will be available soon....

Back to my real job... but thinking maybe TT could extend me a contract role. (Hint, hint.)
    • LOL!!! Well you are doing great!!! Thanks for helping us out that are in this boat!  :)
    • deandieeffenderfe... EXCUSE ME, but I do not work for TurboTax. I am the taxpayer and TT customer that called out to them claiming there is potentially a BUG in the system to HELP all of us that are in the same boat. Keep your cool or don't keep your cool... but lay off of me.
    • DONT worry Nikki! I reported that comment!!!
    • Thanks Amandaguy17. That was rude and uncalled for. I know people are getting worked up and really want their refunds... NEED their refunds. I've read lot of threads, here on TT and on other websites that are so rude. People just complaining left and right. I've been on both sides of the spectrum. I've needed it and I haven't needed it. I've gotten a lot and gotten little. And in the end, it's our money, so we want it as fast as possible. But there's no reason to be rude about it or to get your panties in a bunch. Geez.
    • No problem!
    • Really all I want to kno is when n if it will b resolved soon like seriously we are being patiant everyone here but when u get no answers in almost a week it gets frustrated n report me as far as new freedoms of speech was still part of our constitutional rights thnks now I'll stop just keep me posted
    • you are hardly being patient. you are lashing out at the wrong person. i'm trying to help and i don't even work for TurboTax.
    • I'm lashing out in general not at u if u take it personally that's on u n I apologize if u feel that no comment was directed at u till u specifically mentioned me thnx n there are no caps or mean comments till then I do thank u for the help but it should b Tt resolving this don't u think
    • deandieffenderfe... your comments clearly expressed that you thought it was my job to keep my kool. Actually, they were as follows:

"The problem being its Tt job to fix this b4 it gets like this so I would assume u don't kno ur jobs like u say or we wouldn't b going thru this as for the comment stated about keeping ur kool it's ur job to do that I'm a contractor n if I would be like that I would b out of a job thnks for the smart remarks n no help"

Thanks for the smart remarks n no help? Really? I don't see you reaching out to TurboTax to inform them of a potential bug. I don't see you doing any trending analysis. It's not by job to keep my cool. And I've been an independent contractor for several years doing software implementations. Hence the reason I can recognize the patterns for a potential bug.

If you aren't satisfied with my level of support... then go elsewhere. I'm not paid or given any incentive to trying to help you or anyone else in this thread.

And if you want to pull the "Freedom of Speech" card... There are lots of RUDE, SARCASTIC, UNCALLED FOR comments I could leave for you, but I refrain because I'm a grown adult.

I can care less what you think of me. I can care less if you EVER receive your tax return. It appears others involved in the thread felt your comments rude and unnecessary too. Maybe that should tell you something.
    Yea well i was accepted 1/31 and still no ddd or anything! And there is a lot of people in myshoes.
    • I would like a resolution to this.. filed 1/30 accepted 1/31.. and there are people who filed after me who already have dd dates.  I have filed my taxes the same every year. But yet still one bar and still just processing!
    • I saw some thread feeds stating that 1/31 accepted refunds are currently updating to approved this morning. I would hold tight until tomorrow. Feeds that I'm seeing are trending as follows:

accepted 1/31, approved 2/6, direct deposit date 2/10

hope this  helps.
    • Thanks maybe it will but so far still nothing
    • All I have is topic the general tax topic 152. No out of the ordinary codes and the irs is no help. They tell me they cant look up anything.
    • okay, i'd say stay tuned... bug might have effected more than just those 1/26-1/28 dates.
    • sorry i couldn't be of more help.
    • Thats ok.. you tried. I will just keep watching!

I filed on the 31st and was accepted Feb 1st. It has said accepted until today> I checked the Wheres My refund site this morning and now  it says approved and should be here by the 10th. they deposit on Fridays and so should be here tomorrow. I've used TT for years and it has always been spot on.

• This is not true. IRS has started processing refunds more than once per week. They do not deposit on Fridays. In the past, they deposit on Wednesdays. Please read my above post to andylopez in regards to whether your transaction went thru SBBT or not. That may hang up your deposit a couple extra days. And the real issue here is specific to accepted on 1/26-1/28. Mostly 1/28. There is a huge HANGUP in those accepted dates. The problem we are seeing is that refunds accepted before and after our dates have been APPROVED and taxpayers have received a Direct Deposit Date. Our refunds have been stuck in LIMBO for SEVERAL DAYS.
    • MIne has ALWAYS been deposited on Fridays. Yes, it goes through SBBT. I have been using TT for years and have never had an issue with them. Like I said, I sent mine in on Jan. 31st.. IRS wasn't even accepting till then so maybe thats the hangup.