1099 under $600

Hello,

I understand that employers are not REQUIRED to send a 1099 if you made less than $600. I fall under this category, but still need to report the income earned. How can I obtain a copy of the 1099 if the employer doesn't send one out?

Answer

5 people found this helpful

I can't remember at which point along the process it comes, but Turbo Tax will prompt you to list any other income received that is not previously recorded by 1099, w-2, etc. That is where I add up any sub-$600 income from various companies and put it as a line item there. 

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
4 additional answers

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community