This post has been closed and is not open for comments or answers.

How long does the IRS take to approve my refund after it has been accepted?

The IRS accepted my taxes on January 31st but it still doesn't show as approved. Should I be worried?

I filed 1/29 and got approved this am, total days was 7-8 before the irs approved my refund
    Basically it depends on how many desks it has to go through...one desk for education credits, one for child tax credit, etc.
    You shouldn't be worried till about Feb 20th but either way they'll contact you if there's a problem. You'll probably be in the next batch of DDDs.
    • Hi Renee, I was just wondering if you happen to be a CPA?

Immaturity!.  This is a serious answer exchange people are posting genuine questions regarding their money its not a joke grow up people!!

I dont know what that other person is talking about saying it means you wont get it, but no you shouldnt be worried at all its only been a few days give it some time.

ITS BEEN THIS WAY FOR YRS. I KNOW I DIDNT GET NO REFUND ON YEARS THAT IT TOOK LONGER THAN 5DAYS... TRUST ME...BEEN DOING NY TAX FOR 20 YEARS..

yes you should be worried usually that  means you probably wont get it sorry to break the bad news to you

• Why do you say this kristoffer.wrigh ?
        • LONGER THAN 5 DAYS DON'T LOOK FOR A REFUND .......TRUST ME I'M  BEEN DOING THIS FOR 20 YRS.
        • want docs, dates, and what stuff?  ... im at the 5 day mark today ... also I had this issue last year as well but still received my money after impatiently waiting.
        • .....?
        • .....last  year i got my money and it didnt say i was approved till after the dd sometimes the system is slow. most people have not got there dd yet. lol
        • Seriously, who did you file your taxes through? Ask a professional! Based on my experience you have nothing to be worried about.
        • Might I add, Last year part of my refund was held back because of an error in the transferring of my previous year information that was computer generated. It was easy to clear up and I was given the remaining balance of my refund instantly. Though, it took about three days to reach my bank account.
        • I hope that helps!
        • He's crazy.  Mine just approved .. it was acouple days over 5 days
        • How many days Tiffany?
        • Mine was accepted on Jan. 24th, and still not approved. Yet it says to expect my refund before Feb. 20th.
        • I got appect on the 30 and mines still not approve so do you think i need to give it more time.
        • I filed the 31st with EIC, HOH, Education credit, dependent, 2 W2's and a HSA; accepted the 31st and still not approved

if it takes more than 5 days to approve your refund... even if has been acepied ....YOU WILL GET NO MONEY .