netspend card refund?

im very concerned, i opted to have my refund on this card, my refund is due on feb 6th but i have not recieved my card, i called and they are telling me my card should arrive on the 11th or 12th, i dont understand...i thought you were supposed toget your refund faster this way?? what if my card got into the wrong hands?? I cant afford to lose my refund?

• Okay, I just got off the phone with Netspend. So here's the deal:

I filed my taxes on 1/28, they were processed on 1/29, and I received an e-mail that Netspend mailed me my card on 1/29. My Federal return was processed and issued to my Netspend card on 2/6. I was concerned that I hadn't yet received my card, so I sent them an e-mail asking where it was and if I should be worried that someone else could steal it and my money. I was told to wait until 2/12 and if I hadn't received the card by that date to contact their customer service and ask for a new card.

Today, 2/11, I received two e-mails from Netspend: that my card was reported stolen, and another saying my account had been blocked and to call customer service for a new card.

I accidentally requested a card from Netspend on 2/4, but received it on 2/8. You can imagine my confusion when the first representative I spoke with said my card with my Federal refund was reported stolen was because the address was considered "UNDELIVERABLE". ...what?

He eventually transferred me to his supervisor who confirmed my address, but the zip code listed was "04101", my old zip code, not my current one that I provided when doing my taxes and what I entered on their website. He suggested that this may be why the card was "undeliverable". He changed the zip code, and stated I would be receiving a new card in 3 business days.

When I asked if it was possible to transfer my Federal refund from my "lost" card to the card I currently have in my possession, I was told: "We've received instructions from our corporate office that we cannot transfer funds to any card less than 30 days old."

So here's what I'm going to do: I've activated the card I have right now and am going to hold onto it in case I don't get the card I was promised in 3 business days. If I don't receive anything in 30 days, I'm transferring my funds to this card. (Provided they actually will do that for me.)

I think either two things are going on here:

1. Somehow incorrect information was forwarded to Netspend by Turbotax making cards undeliverable.

2. Netspend is waiting for people to call in and complain so they can accrue interest on what's in your account.

The long and short of it? Call them. Seriously. Be nice- I've worked at call centers and trust me, if you're a jerk, you're not going to get anything so be SUPER NICE. Be patient with them- English is not their first language, so go slow, and if you don't understand what they've said, ask them to repeat themselves NICELY.

Netspend customer service: 1-866-387-7363

Follow up with ANY phone communication with an e-mail to CUSTOMERSERVICE@NETSPEND.COM. That way you have it in writing that you contacted them. I assume it goes to a different department, which is great in case your phone call to customer service doesn't resolve your issues.

Good luck, folks.  : )
  • Oh, and I recorded the call. In it's entirety. Do that if you can, too. Save it to your desktop for future reference.  : )
  • I changed my federal return from Netspend to my bank account but now I'm not sure where my state refund will go???
  • Slnsb6307 how were u able to change that after you filed taxes? I just received a call back from a netspend rep in regards to emails of complaints I've filed to them. I missed their call so I'm waiting to hear back again. I'm hoping she can get this issue resolved for me ASAP..ill keep you guys posted. I've been emailing complaints and recording all my phone calls.
  • I changed my account info with the third party bank that pays turbotax!! They can only do it if they haven't received your refund yet!!! But I don't know what will happen with the state taxes!! When did u apply for the Netspend card??? It seems that everyone is having a hard time with them!!!
  • Mine already got accepted and deposited 2/7 but no card. I got an email on 1/29 stating about my card being ordered. My sister and I did ours at the same time. She got her card 2/4 and her federal refund 2/7 and ga refund 2/9.. No problems at all. Yesterday was day 10..so I cancelled that one and they supposedly expedited a new card to me yesterday to be received within 3-5 business days.. I'm keeping a close eye on this as it seems some ppl are getting their cards without a problem..while others are unlucky and having problems like myself
  • If they said they expedited it then it will be there within 3 business days through ups .. They expedite shipped mine on Monday and I got it 9am on Wednesday morning. Good luck tho !!
  • I was told by the supervisor yesterday it would be us postal 3-5 days.. Today I called again and they said card was processed and approved 2/12 and should arrive within 1-2 business days. She was not sure how that would be delivered..go figure..also she said to check my voicemail that someone called to speak to me about my card..I told then that was probably all those complaint e-mails I've been sending..but like I say Ill keep you guys posted..praying daily now to get this resolved soon!
  • I got my card in the mail today. I activated it by phone, as requested. I wasn't required to provide any documentation proving I was me like I was with my last card... (i.e. utility bill, social security card, state ID, etc.)

An hour ago, I went to top up my Virgin Mobile phone online... The card was declined. ...what?

So I called their automated system. Again. The card was declined. I was automatically transferred to a live customer service agent. DECLINED AGAIN.

I called Netspend customer service and confirmed with the agent that my card was ACTIVATED, NOT BLOCKED, and HAD SUFFICIENT FUNDS. I asked him what the heck was going on, and he seemed as baffled as I was. I told him I'd do some investigating and call back with questions.

I know Walmart.com sells top up cards, so I ordered one online. I get an e-mail from Walmart.com about 15 minutes after processing the transaction that there was a payment processing error. The e-mail stating that since the order wasn't shipped, I wasn't charged, but I'd have to contact my "financial institution" for any concerns regarding the charge.

$43.80 was the total cost of the purchase which was deducted from my Netspend balance. It's still listed in the account as "pending".

I'm really running out of patience, here. I've had my federal refund for a week and haven't been able to use a penny of it.

IMPORTANT***

WHEN YOU GET YOUR NETSPEND CARD DO NOT TRY TO MAKE ANY LARGE PURCHASES WITH IT OR WITHDRAW LARGE AMOUNTS OF CASH AT AN ATM. I've read online that it can take up to 7 days just to issue a "refund" for a charge under $199, and up to 30 days for anything over $499.

Bottom line? Call Netspend when you get your card and see how you can go about cancelling the freaking thing. That's what I'm doing as soon as I get my $43.80 back. This is ridiculous. I don't blame Turbotax, per se, but marketing something so unreliable is only going to result in them losing customers in the long run.
  • K.a. Kinney I received my netspend card today 2/14 after I placed an expedited order on 2/12 around 5pm. I am happy but I still want my money off this card. Good luck everyone..and please follow up with emails and phone calls daily..it can be done..
My refund was deposited on a netspend card that i have not yet recieved.I called the netspend customer service yesterday was on hold for 15 minutes which leads me to believe alot of people are in the same boat also to be charged .50 for the call on a card i dont have. Finally a customer rep answered i was trying to make sure the card had been activated.And i explain that if i knew my refund would be on there before i have a card i would never have done this her response was i should have filed my taxes earlier than the 31 if i wanted my card earlier.To my knowledge irs wasnt accepting until 31.Think twice before you put your hard earned $ on netspend.
  • I agree netspend is a ripoff still don't got my money it was deposit 02/13/2014 no money 2/14/2014 now what me and the boo go do fucked up my happy day netspend

Okay, I just got off the phone with Netspend. So here's the deal:

Oh, and I recorded the call. In it's entirety. Do that if you can, too. Save it to your desktop for future reference.

Good luck, folks.  : )

• This information was extremely helpful. My situation is identical to yours...almost every detail. I was confused when they explained to me that my original card was "undeliverable". I reordered a card as of Feb5th, but I have yet to receive it. I've had my refund deposit since the 6th. I'm currently waiting for my replacement card. Customer service informed me that the card was being mailed from Dakota? I was under the impression that it was Texas- regardless, I don't understand why it takes 7-10 "business" days on a normal mail route. Mail from California to Ohio takes only 3days. I'm trying to remain patient, but this situation is very upsetting.
  • When you ordered the card on 2/5, was that the first time you applied for the card? You said reordered, and I was told that they would expedite me a card which I'd receive in 3 business days.

Either way, I'd call them: 866- 387-7363

I know I said this in my previous post, but I just wanted to reiterate for anyone who didn't read my novella and skipped to the reply... Please just be NICE. No, they don't have the best grasp of the English language, but I'm sure they're really tired of getting yelled at by people who are going through the same mess we are. I know it's frustrating, but ultimately it's the company's fault, not the guy you've got on the phone. Besides, the nicer you are, the better service you get.  : )
  • Also, I've noticed that most people having issues with their cards being delivered have a refund and/or are waiting for a deposit. I also received a card with no deposit, and they informed me sometimes its a promotional thing. Of course the option to transfer onto the empty card was a no go.
  • Yeah, like I said above, I accidentally applied for one on their website, and received that no problem.  : /

I honestly think it might be an issue of incorrect information being transferred from Turbotax. But then again, I'm an optimist and like to think things are accidents rather than people being jerks.

I found the whole "We've received instructions from our corporate office that we cannot transfer funds to any card less than 30 days old" thing to be *VERY* interesting.

Isn't that just the perfect thing to say?

Rejected 3 times???

IMPORTANT***

I'm having the same exact problem ! My refund ( fed & state ) have already been deposited and I haven't received my NetSpend card. Its been almost 3 days now and they're telling me the same thing. This is crazy I will never use them Netspend again!
  • I have received 5 emails from netspend . The first one on the 28th said my card shipped on the 27th and it would be 7-10 days. Then on the 4th the email had a picture of the envelope so I new what to look for. That email also said it would be 7-10 days. My money was deposited on the 6th. Now I have no access. What a crock!!! Mail does not take 10 days in the USA. The 800 number told me it would be here by Friday(yesterday). Guess they were wrong again. I don't live out in the woods somewhere in Alaska!!!! WTF!!
    Dennis
  • Hey let me know whhenn you get it. Lol if you get it !!
  • Just talked to Netspend again. They are sending me a replacement card. she assured me it would be here by Tuesday. She told me if the other card gets here first I can still use it. I think they wait until someone calls to bitch before they even send the card. that way they can continue to make money off of our money. I have used TurboTax for a long time. why would they partner with accompany like this? I only had to use Netspend because I was in the process of opening anew bank account. TurboTax needs to rectify these situations. I obviously struck a nerve because I have had 14 people respond to different questions I posted. I have yet to hear from anyone from TurboTax!!! thanks for the wonderful customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dennis
  • Hah they told me the same exact thing. Will be here on Tuesday .. Prolly not thho.
  • Wouldn't something like netspend charge a bunch of fees and stuff? It seems impractical to even use it unless you are someone who doesn't have a bank account. I would normally think that everyone has a bank account but my sister actually doesn't have one. But she's a special kind of special. Either way, why not just put the money in your account and have it there when you need it?
  • No not everyone has bank accounts and they to have fees nothings free. Theres lots of reasons people dont use bank accounts for instance you are in the middle of a nasty divorce and the other sides attorneys summons your bank account records now they know your entire life.Bank accounts charge for atm,paper statements,return check fees,overdraft fees,I assure you theres no free bank accounts.And though i would not promote the Netspend the fees are in comparison to a bank account
  • I've never paid one cent for my bank account. I don't overdraft my account, I don't write checks, I don't get paper statements, I use their atm the few times I actually take money out. I guess I'm just lucky.
  • No i guess your just perfect moveover god heatohio is takin over.
  • Unfortunately, everyone's not a money wiz. :/ More so, not everyone has a nice bank they trust.

There's several reasons why someone would want to use a Netspend card. I personally wouldn't bother with the card if I had a job. But my sister got this one because she doesn't like her bank very much, nor does she like the others in our area I guess.
  • same here..my sister and I both submitted our returns around the same time (she did hers 1 day ahead of me) she submitted her taxes on 01/28..card arrived 2/4...federal deposited 2/7, GA deposited 2/09..I submitted return on 1/29..2/4 e-mail letting me know card was on its way and what to look for..2/10 e-mail stating my card is waiting to be activated! I called 3 times already and they tell me if by the 10th day (2-12-14, end of the day) I do not have a card they will send a replacement and it can take 2-4 business days..Im so stressed out! I would rather be waiting for funds to be deposited then not having a card, thats already loaded but no signs of it yet..I will keep you guys posted when my card comes in or if I have to order a new one
  • Has anyone actually received their "replacement card"? I just got off the phone with these people...this company is scamming the hell out of us collecting interest. I am going to call the local authorities in Netspends home town and file a report. This is just insane. How can this many people be have the same exact problems to the T ???
  • Yes honey , I got my replacement card thru ups 3 days after they send it. Everything will eventually be okay , trust me I felt the Same way
  • No i still have not received my card or the replacement card they order my original card on feb 6 my replacement on feb 20 though i got a email staying they ordered it on the 19th no card they won't provide me with a tracking number since it is suppose to come ups
This is some bullshit I normally use hrblock never gonna use turbo tax ever again and Im gonna put on all my social media accounts what a fraud this company is assholes

Well, on the other side of things, my sister's taxes were completed on the 31st of January. They were accepted the next day. I got the email saying the card would mailed out on Feb 3rd. She received the card five days later, Feb 8th, and they deposited the federal money only yesterday Feb 7th. 

State refund has not been deposited into the account yet, however.

I don't really know what is going on with the Netspend system. It's inconsistent, but not wholly bad. I just wish she didn't distrust her bank so much that she opted out of direct deposit. 

Just keep in contact with them, guys. One way or another, you're going to get your money.

-------------

UPDATE (Bad):

I finally got to talk to my sister face to face today. It turns out, NO, she didn't get her card! She explained that this morning when she inquired about the balance and the card amount, she was talking about the email she received that I'd seen, too. But she didn't get the actual card yet guys!

I'm bummed out. I thought she'd gotten her card already. So as of right now, we're all in the same boat. Hopefully, she gets her card soon, but with the weather the way it is, which is bad and getting worse at the moment, I don't see things looking up. Sorry for the mistake. :(((((

UPDATE (GOOD!)!:

YAY! It finally came in the mail this same day, Saturday. So we're waiting for the State returns to be deposited. I hope this all works out. Keep contacting them you guys.

• She got her card today ? On a Saturday ?
    • That's what it seems to me. I checked the mail yesterday. Unless she got it yesterday and didn't tell me, which is possible... (eye roll).

It's only today that she actually inquired about the card's balance, and I saw the email.
    • Update... no. It turns out I was mistaken. :( Sorry about that. Now I'm anxious too. And the snow is getting worse.

UPDATE: Yep. They finally delivered the card today, on a Saturday, yes. So my sister is much happier now, but still waiting on the State returns.
    • I have had my card for almost 13 days now and no deposit yet
    • my card got sent out on 2/4 and I got it yesterday (saturday) and I also got a dd of 2/12 yesterday as well.
    • Your lucky. I've been waiting on a card since January 25 .. Both my returns are & have been on there since the 6th. Apparently they expedited me a card to be here Tuesday. We'll see ..
    • I hope people see all of our stories and do not select to use the netspend card ..
    • let us know when you get your card! these posts help ppl see whats really going on..and give some hope that their problem will soon be resolved!
    • I still haven't' got mine ... I called yesterday and talked to a supervisor and he told me it was shipped yesterday via UPS . but they lie soo idk what to believe .. Its just 4 thousand dollars floating around somewhere. If it comes today I'll let you all know.
    • I called netspend yesterday, my card was mailed out 2/05, from Texas, I am in NC. Finally got my card today and activated it, my fed refund was actually deposited to it yesterday 2/10. Don't know if I will do this again, but I may see how it goes with fees and such. I don't understand some of the fees yet, but may not be any worse than fees I had when I had a bank account.
    • I got my card today from ups. Good luck everyone.
    • That's great! I called yesterday and they said that if I don't get it by today 2/12/14 it would be expedited in 2 days and I would get it by Friday..lets see what happens..no mail coming today and I highly doubt tomorrow due to the snow storm..so well see.ill keep you guy posted!
    • Update: so I spoke to a supervisor 2/12 and cancelled my first card and they are expediting a new card in 3-5 business days. I received an e-mail notifying me that my card had been reported stolen and that if I hadn't already ordered a new card to do so online. Just to see what's going on I ordered a new card and have it being sent to my sisters home (10 business days). I'm going to call everyday to make sure my card is on it's way and if I do get my card as they say I will, I am never ever using turbo tax prepaid cards again!
    • miriam1087: when you get the card, I *highly* recommend NOT withdrawing a large amount from your account and/or making any large purchases with it. I was rejected for 3 transactions through virginmobileusa.com (I have sufficient funds to cover the amount) and now have a pending amount in my account for a charge which was not approved through walmart.com.

I've been doing a *lot* of research on this crappy card... It seems a lot of people who ran into the same problem last year also had holds placed on their accounts for large transactions. It can take up to 7 days to release a hold on a pending transaction of $199 or less, and up to 30 days for anything over $499.

I'm looking into cancelling the card altogether. Even if they issue my refund back to the IRS, I feel like I stand some chance of at least seeing my money. (Better late than never...)
    • I wonder if I can go to Kroger customer service where they sell money orders and pay bills and withdraw all my money from the card? It's said something about withdrawing your refund from a prepaid card their..my sister got her card without a problem and also withdrew $500 at a time (with fee of course) without a problem..the only problem she encountered was when she used her card at a gas station..they held her funds for 1 day..next day she had them back? Netspend seems to be inconsistent here with it's service.

The only way to cancel your card an get your $ is they cancel your card and then issue you a check for any amount in your card..via check in 20 business days!
      I already asked..so just in case I don't get my card or I run into problems..
    • Yeah, but if you try to withdraw all the money and Kroger can't do it, Netspend is still going to consider that a "pending" transaction.

Even if it doesn't go through, even if Kroger doesn't withdraw a PENNY, Netspend is still going to "hold" your money as if they did.

Then it'll take however long for those funds to become available to you again. (Like I said before, up to 30 days for any amount over $499.00.)

This is what they're doing to me for $43.80. They're drawing interest on that money that I can't access for 7 days.
    • It's silly that they charge $5.95 to issue you a check for *your* money and that it takes 20 days, but still... Better to see your money on a check than not at all, which is what I fear will happen to those of us that decide to let Netspend have our way with our tax refunds...
    • I agree it I may have to cancel my card as well and wait for a check..that's what I did last year..asked for a check to be mailed and I should've done that this year as well. Well lets see what happens next.
    • I'm really sorry... I'm not usually stupid enough to fall for these sorts of things- I'm the kind of person who typically researches the in's and out's of everything! I guess I trusted Turbotax because I've used them for so many years. I never would've imagined they would promote something as ridiculous as Netspend has turned out to be... Definitely keep up posted. This is one of the threads which actually has some useful information. Hopefully if we keep it going, others will see it an avoid Netspend altogether!!

I had used a netspend card for my taxes last year. when I spent all the tax money I quit using the card. Before i sent my taxes in this year, i called netspend to make sure I could get a new card or use my old one.. The lady said I owed $5.57 on my old card before i can activate the new one. She would submit a request to lift the hold which would take 24 hours. What if they deny the hold being lifted? I should get my taxes another way if there's any chance of this going wrong.. She said they will not deny it, they always lift a hold. So i decided to go ahead and submit my taxes being deposited onto a new netspend card since everything went smoothly last year.  When I tried to pay the $ it said there was still a hold on it. When I called back I talked to a different person and told her what happened and explained what the previous lady told me. This time the new lady said they CAN deny a hold being lifted and she talked in circles giving me the same answer over and over when i asked her any questions! I am so mad and will NEVER EVER USE NETSPEND AGAIN! Now I'm just waiting to find out if they lift the hold so I can pay the $5 and get my taxes!

• UPDATE: I called again yesterday.. This time the lady I spoke with was very helpful and informed me that whoever I talked to the first time was completely wrong. A new card will have nothing to do with an old one. The $5 that's due for the old one will not stop me from getting my tax return. I was happy to hear it but I still feel unsure since I got three different answers from each phone call. I am still not going to use netspend next year. They need to get it together with their customer service. Seems like no one working there really knows what their doing.

card was ordered on the 23. Called on the 8 and was told a new card was expidited. called today to double check no card was ever expidited. Have had my refund since the 6. 7k on it and not bein able to touch. NEVER USING TURBOTAX AGAIN. Crooks. Back to h & r block.

• I can't help but laugh at the irony of somebody calling TT crooks and then saying they're going to HR block. LMAO

How is TT responsible for what netspend does? I'll give you the fact that TT offers them as an option for your return so they might be guilty by association, but why not just get it sent to your bank account? Why waste time getting it put on some scam card to begin with?
    • Using TT is trusting that EVERY avenue is safe and secure. TT is not responsible for what Netspend does, but they are responsible to the affiliation. Trust and believe that TT is receiving some for of profit from the consumers choosing the Netspend route. I as a paying customer would like for every avenue to be addressed. There are SEVERAL people with the SAME issue and it needs to be addressed. Passive aggressive-sarcastic remarks are helping the situation many of us are having. This newsfeed is to answer questions, give updates...communicate and get information. Thanks...if you have no issues with TT or Netspend why even comment towards the situation at all?
    • I'm commenting because of the irony, I thought that was obvious. Plus I always wonder why people misplace anger, it's so counterproductive. But thanks for explaining the reasons for posting here, now explain to me how YOUR post fit into any of YOUR given reasons for posting. Seems like you broke your own rule.
    • TT isn't bad, but just don't bother with Netspend.

Now what they should do is team up with Paypal.

received card - no flippin' money on it...

• I have had my card for 2 weeks, the refund was supposed to be deposited on the 20th of of this month. It is now the 29th and NO MONEY!!!! When I talked to a rep they said they had received nothing from the IRS!!!! So I guess I'm just out my WHOLE entire refund, 1400 bucks!!!! I am supposed be using that money to move into my new house in 3 days and I am FREAKING OUT!!!!!!! I called again and they said call the IRS if you want answers!!!! I said the IRS said it was sent on the 20t!!!! I am calling my family lawyer for theft and fraud!!!!

irs site says it sent my money 7 weeks ago.. I haven't got it yet.  TT is the worst business I have ever used.

There are loads of reports concerning the Netspend card not being mailed correctly. As I was informed, its called "undeliverable". When you file your refund through TT I'm confused how they could ever have the wrong address. My refund has been deposited for 3days now, and I;ve been waiting on my card since 01/21/2014. I have called for a replacement, but I fear fraudulent activity with this company...makes no sense.

• Did they tell you it was shipped initially? I am so angry. Why would Turbo tax partner with a company that wasn't top notch. They know people who file immediately are people who  really need the money. First I lost $520 unemployment now this.
      • Omg ! Demig2079 we are having the same exact problems ! I lost 500$ to unemployment & haven't got my netspend card yet. I have 4k + on this card that I don't have. I won't ever use these services again. I called netspend yesterday and they said they were expediting me a new card and it would be here Monday ! We'll see tho , who knows with them.
      • I've spoken to them daily almost just to keep on things. They assure me that the replacement card was mailed on 02/05/2014...and the classic statement of 7-10 business days. (Mail in the US should not take that long in route I night add.) I'm curious if anyone knows the location where the cards are shipped from. TT seems to stick with the story of "7-10 business days" they however have avoided addressing why so many people are having issues with Netspend at all. I am praying that I receive my card this upcoming week. I've had my deposit for days now. I am extremely frustrated and this will be my last year using TurboTax.
      • Austin Tx
      WOW! Now I am even more worried. I filed with TurboTax last Monday 2/3/2014. I also had to order a NetSpend card for my refund to be deposited to, as I have been out of work for 7 months, no job= no bank account. I don't understand the 7-10 days to send a card via the US MAIL service. I have received mail from Alaska and Hawaii in 4 days. IRS says my refund will be deposited 2/11, which is tomorrow, and no NetSpend card in the mail today, I am disgusted and so pissed off. I need that card NOW! I have used TurboTax for the last 3 years and always had a phone number to call for questions, now all of a sudden, this year I have tried for 2 days to get a number, with no success. Lesson learned! If I had known I could have had it deposited to my smiOne card, (child support) I would have done that. My stupidity! Thanks for listening, but feels no better, bad snow storm coming and power will be turned off in 1 week without my refund/card.
      • That's crazy I filed the same day I have my card but no date for my funds smh
      • Have hope sweetie it might be there this week , I called netspend and ordered 2 more additional cards
      • I filed the same day.. And still waiting for my card (California). My funds have been deposited but still no card. All shipments are supposed to be coming out of Austin, Texas.

I filed on the 3rd of Feb and just called, on the 15th, it was sent to the wrong address. CS said she blocked the other card and is expediting the new one and it should be here in three days.

So I am in the same boat...my card was sent on 2/5 and my card was supposed to be here by the 19th per the customer service rep...when I called them it was the 22nd and he said ma'am your card should be there on the 19th....I told him sir are aware its the 22nd...he apologized and advised me to wait one more day to see if I get and if not they will send me one in 2 days....LIES!!!! Because it never came in and when I he told me I could only get it in 3-5 days I was pissed because my money is there and can't touch a penny of it....anyway I told him well what happened to the 2 days???? He says ma'am we don't do that here...wth I'm never going through that hell again!!! I ordered a new card yesterday and should be here 3-5 days...this is so upsetting GRRRRR : -/

I'm finding it strange that my refund was deposited into an Netspend account on the 19th of Feb. But after 3 calls about where is my card and agents saying its on the way, I receive 2 emails saying it was "undeliverable", then "reported stolen"??  I really am frustrated about this reoccurring problem.  Lesson definitely learned.  So now on the 28th of Feb I changed the address to my parents home to see if I can get better results.  The agent stated "3 business days".  We shall see.

Same thing
          Just got a email saying my fed return has been deposited on  netspend  card
           but no card  has arrived yet.
           and the 120 dollar  charge  to  file  on  here is insane .
          Would've been cheaper  @ H&R  Block
          • When did you file?
          • How did you pay 120 I only paid 80
          • i didnt pay much either i used the free version and only paid 14.99 for state. prolly used deluxe or something ask turbo they should be able to tell you

never again will i use netspend or turbotax for that matter for shoving this bs card down my throat during my e-file.

• How was it shoved down your throat? LOL You mean presented as an option in a matter that was no more prominent than the other options available? I never even notice the netspend option because I'm not dumb enough to use it, I have the money sent to my bank account, seems like the logical option. But I guess blaming others for your mistakes has obviously gotten you far in life so keep it up. LOL
          • hey buddy that whole being an ass thing probably makes u feel better so kudos! by shoving it down my throat i was referring to the fact that they asked me multiple times during my e-file and i dont trust dd to my bank, not blamin other ppl jus pissed and wanted to voice it jackass but it all got straightened out for me so thank you for your concern
          • #heatohio clearly spends too much time on this thing waiting for the opportunity to have a smartass comment towards someone's opinion. Classic immature behavior. I've learned to treat some like a child desperate for attention. #dylan615- I spoke with Netspend concerning the card option, they informed me that it is in fact promotional. Though, TT doesn't give you the option of picking from another source. ( if going the card route is your choice) The best thing you can do is keep in contact with them on a daily basis to make sure your account is secure. They can expedite a card if the delivery fails after the 2nd attempt. Sucks that you have to wait almost 5-6weeks for a card. Several people are having the same issue, so I also advise making a report with BBB. Good luck.
          • @heatohio you are the type if i were to see you in an alley and not speak a word, you would catch an attitude, and then a prompt ass whooping. anyway yes i still have no money on my flippin' card. no deposit. wtf? then an email stating another card has been issued? my phones off till i get my next check so calling is outta the picture, help anyone?

Eek, that sucks. I avoid those cards like the plague. I'm good with my money in my bank, not on some weird card. Besides, I think there might be a difference of a day at the most between netspend and direct deposits.