why is my nys return saying it needs further review

my federal return was accepted but the state still says its pending but when I go into NYS where's my refund it says it needs further review??? may take 90 days

Answer

7 people found this helpful

Give it a few days and the message you received about review will probably change to "your return is being processed and it may take up to 4 weeks."  NYS did the same thing to me last year.  Last year NYS accepted my return before TT even sent me the email saying it was accepted.  This year I didn't get the under review message.  I got the 4 week message and now I have the final stages of processing and they will give a refund date as soon as it is available.

What you should do is sign up for the account on the NYS website and you will be sent emails when your DD date is available and you can also see if your return was accepted and approved.

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
3 additional answers

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community