How do I File a QDRO?

I have a qualified domestic relations order where I was awarded part of my ex-husband's pension in our divorce.  I have taxes deducted before I receive payment.  How do I file?

• I have the same situation however I declined the tax deduction.  Is the info reported in the same place?

Greetings LBRABE

The exceptions to early withdrawals come later in the interview. After completing Deductions and Credits, select the Done with Deductions button. After several screens reviewing possible issues with your return you will come to the Penalty May Apply screen. Continue, you can enter the taxable amount of the distribution as "Alternate Payee Under QDRO" to escape the penalty.

I hope this Information was helpful to you, Thank you for choosing Turbo Tax and have a great day!

Victoria

• Why is this option not available on my tax return?  I am under retirement page and received a QDRO from a 401K that was also taxed when I withdrew it.  Now I can't get that taxed amount back.  The 1099-R that I have is my only income source.
  • This is NOT helpful.  I have a substantial penalty that I cannot find the Alternate Payee Under QDRO page to reverse.  The penalty is many times what I paid for Turbotax.  If I cannot count on your software to find obvious deductions, what is the value I receive from paying for your software vs. using free software?
  • Where is it?!  How do I get to this Penalty May Apply screen?!  Please be specific.