How does the amazon gift card work?

Do we recieve the full tax refund in our account and then buy the gift card with the code or does the money go directly from the IRS to amazon somehow? How can I verify that amazon portion was even applied. I havent recieved anything stating I opted for the gift card.

Answer

12 people found this helpful

Hi idejavul, I would be happy to help you understanding how amazon gift cards work.

How It Works

Before you prepare to send your returns in the File section of TurboTax, you can choose to use part of your federal refund to purchase an Amazon.com Gift Card and get your bonus in just 3 simple steps:

1. Choose any increment of $100 from your federal tax refund to purchase an Amazon.com Gift Card. The remainder of your refund will be deposited to your bank account.
  2. TurboTax will automatically give you an extra 5% or 10% on your e-gift card.
  3. As soon as your refund is available, we’ll email you your Amazon.com Gift Card claim code. There are NO fees and your gift card never expires.
Really good information about the program with Amazon can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/TurboTax-Center-Software/b?ie=UTF8&node=3003491

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do.
John

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Default user avatars original d5efadcf497ea7b3d86c6f8d148d66633a29ce78fa8391af628adf32d9989354
TurboTax Product Support

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community