Do we recieve the full tax refund in our account and then buy the gift card with the code or does the money go directly from the IRS to amazon somehow? How can I verify that amazon portion was even applied. I havent recieved anything stating I opted for the gift card.
TurboTax Product Support
Hi idejavul, I would be happy to help you understanding how amazon gift cards work.How It Works
Before you prepare to send your returns in the File section of TurboTax, you can choose to use part of your federal refund to purchase an Amazon.com Gift Card and get your bonus in just 3 simple steps:
- Choose any increment of $100 from your federal tax refund to purchase an Amazon.com Gift Card. The remainder of your refund will be deposited to your bank account.
- TurboTax will automatically give you an extra 5% or 10% on your e-gift card.
- As soon as your refund is available, we’ll email you your Amazon.com Gift Card claim code. There are NO fees and your gift card never expires.
I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do.
People come to TurboTax AnswerXchange for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:
- Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
- Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
- Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
- Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
- Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.