I do not have my 2014 property taxes payable statement. what am I supposed to put in the 2014 property taxes payable statement field?

• The information being requested is your 2014 property taxes which will be payable in 2014 for the Minnesota property tax credits. The Minnesota Department of Revenue specifically states that you must use the 2014 property tax statement that will be issued in March 2014.  The Dept. of Revenue goes on to state that you should wait until your receive the 2014 property tax statement before filing out Form M1PR.  Use of the proposed property taxes or an incorrect amount may result in delays in the processing of your return.   I have included the web site to provides this information for your reference purposes. http://www.revenue.state.mn.us/Forms_and_Instructions/m1pr_inst_13.pdf

Hello Kathymallwitz,

I understand that you would like to know how to get the information for the Property Taxes Payable Statement. I would be happy to help you with that.

You may have to contact your county. From the Department of Revenue for Minnesota:

“The county treasurer shall prepare and send a sufficient number of copies of the property tax statement to the owner [...] to enable the owner to comply with the filing requirements of [the property tax refund statute] and to retain one copy as a record.”

Here is a handy link with more information: http://www.revenue.state.mn.us/local_gov/prop_tax_admin/taxcalc/pts_instructions.pdf

I do hope this was helpful information for you. If you did find it helpful Thumbs Up are always nice. If you need further assistance please let me know and we will work through it together.

Have a great weekend!! :)

Jo Ann
  • I was very confused on the timing of MN counties mailing these forms in the future (for a credit that I believe that is being mailed out in August and has nothing to do with income tax filing)........I can't understand why this is so connected with 2103 income tax filing that you can't have a bypass in TurboTax with an explanation of what this information is for?