on my 1098-T form, in box 8, there is a 4. What does this mean?

Instead of box 8 on 1098-T being checked or not checked, there is a number '4' inside the box.  What does this mean?

Hello Kjjohn01,

I see that you were wondering what the 4 meant in box8 of your 1098T form. I can answer that. I did a little a research and found answer from one of our TurboTax Pros.  It simply means that box 8 has been checked you were at least a half time student.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2015729-why-is-there-a-4-in-box-8-on-my-1098t

Kjjohn01,  I hope this was helpful. If have another question reach out to us again. We're here for you.

Thank you for being apart of the TurboTax family, ChristinaM