I completed my Federal & State (Louisiana) returns. I e-filed my Federal return & printed to mail my State return, but the form says, "Do Not File, From Not Final". Why?
It is because not all the state forms have been released or approved
yet. They should be ready around Jan 31.
It is now February 6, you excepted my money but can not deliver the program for filing the taxes????????
Here's a TurboTax FAQ that should show updated dates of availability for state tax forms. (They are subject to change, but should be current).
It is now February 4 and my Turbo Tax Delus says it has the latest update, but Louisiana State forms still say "Do Not file, Forms not Approved". Your latest update said they would be ready by January 31. When is the latest we can expect them. You have already collected for state filing, but cannot file dut to Forms not being approvedl.
People come to TurboTax AnswerXchange for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:
- Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
- Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
- Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
- Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
- Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.