TurboTax AnswerXchange Home Page

Problems installing 2013 TurboTax Deluxe (Fed & State).

I recently purchased 2013 TurboTax Deluxe (Fed & State), but am having problems installing it. After it seems to install, when I open the application, it shows TurboTax Basic as it starts up, and then I get the message "Your configuration has been modified (prd.ini,startup). Please re-install". I uninstall TurboTax, and go through the install process again, but get the same results. I purchased the product at a local Sam's Club store. I've used TurboTax for a number of years and have never had a problem with installation.

Turbo tax 2013 is poorly programmed.  I had problems with initial install and installing the state program.  The only fix I found to work was to do the installation in the Windows Safe Mode.

You need to give us a call, so one of our agents can help you get a download and install your program. All you need to do to is click here: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/#/search/Talk%2520to%2520someone.

• Select your platform
      • Click Submit 
      • Click Chat or Call
      Hope this helps you out.
      • I think you new down loading and installing the software sucks.  I do I install the software that I purchased.
      • TURBOTAX has become increasingly  more complex and worse over the years. Last year I was unable to download the state package and had to get help from your tech team. After I did get it installed I was told I would be billed for the download (I had the Deluxe edition). After I finally got it installed, I was unable to execute e-file for the Federal or state return even after I entered my credit card info to pay for the state e-file. I ended up printing the returns and mailing them. This year I decided to try again and I have no clue how to even install the package (no instructions). Based on my past experience with your tech support team I think my best alternative is to throw the package in the trash, write off the $54.75 (with tax) I paid for your "product" and move on to a tax prep company who cares enough about their customers to provide a package that is simple to use, easy to install, and reliable. Incidentally, I am a retired senior IBM manager and  no stranger to software applications.
      • It would be nice to be able to talk to a life person regarding the problem with installing.  Have used Turbo Tax for the last 5 years.  This is ridiculous.  I can't install it properly and I can't uninstall it either.

Similar questions other people found helpful: