The days for refunds are not specifically stated. IRS must first receive your tax return, process it and approve your refund. By using Where's My Refund? you can view a personalized date. If you e-file a complete and accurate tax return, your refund should
be issued within 21 days of the received date. This time frame does
not include mail and IRS handling time for paper returns. A complete
and accurate paper tax return refund will usually be issued within
six to eight weeks from the date it is received. Even though the IRS
issues most refunds in less than 21 days, it’s possible your tax return
may require review and take longer.
Hope this helps.
People come to TurboTax AnswerXchange for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:
- Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
- Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
- Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
- Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
- Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.