TurboTax AnswerXchange Home Page

Validation failed no update available?

Not allowing transaction to go though states validation failed and there is no update available promoting to mail return.

I restarted my computer then emptied the trash can, and then it worked, hopes this helps.

Hello alma.tamayo,

We are sorry you are having this problem! Here are a couple of ways to help you with this issue:

Restarting TurboTax 2013 app by Quitting, then Opening the app may help you update with latest forms.

If that does not work, save your return, then try re-installing the application by following the steps below:

I hope this helps you. Have a good one!

Hello alma.tamayo,

Sorry your having this problem on your Mac, but I was able to find a solution for you. If your Mac will not update and there is no CD in the CD drive then a manual update usually will solve the problem. Go to this link and follow the directions it gives. It was specifically made for this issue.

Please let me know if this works and thank you for your patience,

• After I closed TurboTax and opened it then I was able to e-file.

I purchased my copy of TurboTax Deluxe from Amazon and had the same issue.  I downloaded and replaced the TurboTax application and after it downloaded the updates and relaunched I was able to file my return without issue.

I have been trouble shooting this and Validation Failed problems.  I'll just pass along what I've found.

Here are 3 things I have found that can cause your problem and I’m a Mac user too.  The Third (#3) one is the Most common.  However, Please read them All.

1.  Make sure you have TT installed on your computer and you have not been running off the TT Disk.  Quit TT, remove the TT CD, restart your Mac, and Install TT on your Computer.

2.  Since you are using a Mac Remove the TT Disk IF it is still in your CD drive or TT will Not Update even though it looks like you are getting an Update, Remove the TT Disk.  Once the TT Disk is removed Quit TT and restart your Mac.  Restart TT from the TT application located in you Application Folder and let TT update itself.  Then empty your Trash.

3.  If there is Anything in your Trash empty your Trash and restart your Mac.  Then Open (start) TT from the TT application located in your Application Folder.  Keep your Trash Emptied.

3a.  Sometimes just Simply Restarting your Mac solves the problem, but certainly not the most common.

If none of the above apply or work then try filing your Federal and State Separately and Not at the same time.  I haven't a clue why that works, but several TT Mac Users report it does.

I know of several Users who say the only way to correct the problem is to Uninstall TurboTax and Reinstall it, hopefully that won't be needed.

Hope this helps.

Similar questions other people found helpful: