Last year the IRS accepted some tax returns early as a test run. Will that be the case this year as well?

• Federal return accepted today at 12:30pm.
  • mine accepted today hopefully have it by the end of the wk !!!!!
  • Mine was accepted today too what was your estimated date mine said February 20 but I know last year it said Feb 21 I got it Feb 7
  • Your Federal Return Has Been Accepted!
    What this means:
    Congratulations! TurboTax was able to have your return accepted early by the IRS. You're finished with your taxes.
    Even though you've been accepted early, please note that the IRS does not begin processing refunds until January 31.

That was my email from TurboTax for all the skeptics
  • I think feb 20 is the day TT is giving everyone for ddd. That's exactly 21 days. Keep track on WMR and once it says refund approved it'll give you a estimate refund date. I'm hoping that since we were accepted early that we will get our refunds early to.
  • When did u file
  • I haven't seen a estimated date on mine return yet but it was accepted.
    some of you say you guys got a estimated date but I didn't
  • I have a question that could probably answer most questions. Common sense question. I've read that many received there actual refund on the 31st last year and the 1st as well when their returns were accepted early. Now last year the processing date was the 30th, but like this year they accepted some early.BEFORE the 30th did the where's my refund tool give you the date of your refund the 31st or 1st? Or did it appear on the actual day of the 30th. As I'm sure whoever got an email saying it was accepted early, like this year, you all were checking for the date....?
  • Just checked WMR but it didn't provide a date. Just says accepted. Then there is the standard jargon of 21 days. The only thing that changed for me was that I know have tax topic 152 and that wasn't there yesterday.
  • I didn't either:/ at least the irs has recieved
  • to get your estimated date you have to go to https://sa2.www4.irs.gov/irfof/lang/en/irfofgetstatus.jsp turbo tax doesn't give you that info. But they always estimate it to be 21 days at first, you will usually get it with in the first week of Feb if you direct deposited it or put it on the card offered by turbo tax. If you requested a check then it will take about 21 days. I always do the card for the past 8 years and have ALWAYS had my federal within 7 days of the accepted date, then the state is usually a week behind federal for me.
  • not to pop anyones bubble but the 1st and 2nd of feb this year fall on a weekend. if it doesnt direct deposit on the 31st, i'd assume wait until the 3rd and so on. but dont get your hopes up for the weekend. the IRS do not schedule direct deposits on those days.
  • ok finally someone answered my question dreams.out.loud can you please tell me if they go in order of who filed first wen they process them please???
  • @melly no they do not go in order by who filed 1st. It's a random selection that's computer generated.
  • Then how do i keep getting my tax return at the beginning of feburary???
  • Taxes are sent out on weekends too
  • Idk. I've always got mine on a week day.
  • last year i got mine on a monday but i believe they give them out on the weekend
  • They do give them out on the weekend.  I received my direct deposit last year on a Sunday, so a weekend day is possible.
  • right ur not the only one ive hear that from other ppl too so im jus hoping i get accepted today and get my refund by next week
  • ok so now I have a ? did you have any Problem with your State I went in today to send out my state mind you my federal was accepted on the 27th now Turbo Tax is saying for me to finish filing my state i need to fix errors on my federal which is the filing date it has to be after 01/31/2014 can I change this with out causing problems it said on there if i couldn't fix the error i had to do paper return this i don't want to do already having it come out of my federal help please ?
  • Yes you can change the date. It did me tge same way so I changed it and logged onto irs website. Still have accept date of 1/24
  • @slots1^^
  • and its legal with no problems ?
  • its weird that its doing that you figure they would have known that would have caused problems ...
  • mine was accepted at 1:44 this morning does anyone think that i will get a dd this week???? if not does anyone know if they are doing different ddd's this year??? instead of every wednesday?
  • i was accepted on the 24th and WMR still on the 1st bar
  • Me to and still 1 bar this mornin. Has yours changed yet?
  • Mines say it will be deposited on the 6th
  • Mine also say the 6th my sister was approved the day after me and still has 1 bar
  • Oh okay. Do you think they will be in there at 12 tonight?
  • i can view my transcripts on line along with everything else but still one bar does that mean anything????

Last year mine were accepted early as well and I got my refund exactly 7 days later. Mine were accepted today as well!! I read some of you stating that its not possible or the refund will still be delayed regardless of what we are saying. But I AM saying, from personal experience thats not always the case. Everyone said absolutely not going to be accepted before the 31st, well as of 1/24/14 mine are verified accepted. WOOHOO

• When did u file? Date?
  • 1/20/14
  • What method. I filed laed night via turbo tax
  • mine was accepted as well. i filed 1/15/14
  • I filed on the 20th and my confirmation email sent to me right after I filed says returns sent does that mean they sent to the irs or that turbotax still has them
  • I filed on 1/5 with TurboTax, and my federal return was accepted today at 12:16pm. Last year I was also accepted early on 1/28 and I received my direct deposit on 2/5, so hopefully it will be roughly the same one week period before I get my refund
  • Federal accepted 1/24/14 @ 12:30pm
  • My return was accepted at 12:25pm today! Hoping we see them in our accounts by next Friday!
  • I filed on the 17th but didn't receive and acceptance ema today...any idea why?
  • I really don't know why, but I know the IRS started accepting returns for testing purposes yesterday. I filed on the 11th and was accepted early on the 24th. You may get accepted within the next few days before the official start on the 31st.
  • Is their any real evidence cause people could just be saying thay they accepted it
  • Its real and there is proof because the IRS where's my refund tool is up to date with the information as well. Thanks!
  • Mine was accepted early,
    As was  last year. They say the 31 but as long as the have all the forms in place & are ready then they will accept them early. I went to the IRS website & it says accepted but not processed. Once it's accepted though I think it's a pretty quick process. I don't remember how long it took last year to get my $ back but not long.
  • It seems that turbo tax did something different this year. I was able to have turbo tax take the money I owe the state out of my federal refund. This year I was given an option to pay like $40 and have my state taxes sent to state with refund from my federal. The previous years I was able to give bank draft information for a specific date that I wanted it drafted or just put in a date I would mail what I owe the state. My taxes were stockpiled by turbotax the first week of 2014. I want to say the 2nd or 4th no later. My federal was accepted 01/24/14. State is still pending. I hope the state does not delay my federal refund......
  • I received a rejection yesterday due to a SSN error. Otherwise mine would have been accepted.. so yes, it's true. My Illinois state return even was processed but rejected for the same reason.
  • also got accept today its real no lie
  • @ladyejaye when did u file
  • The irs started acknowledging and accepting returns on 1-24-14 but only for ones without form 8812 (child tax credit) those will starts to process on monday 1-27-14. So yes the irs opened early.
  • Is that  for everyone are just for turbotax costumers.
  • For everyone.
  • I had the child tax credit,eic,and child care credit an mine was accepted 1/24/14
  • Mine got accepted on 1/24/14 and I have thw child tax credit!
  • That info is incorrect.  Lots have been accepted already. They started on 24th and are working through all returns. It dont matter who you filled with. Ppl that filed this past week should be accepted by friday. More then likely mon
  • So the irs is open now
  • Keeping my fingers crossed
  • That is not correct about the child tax credit because i filed with that form, education credit, and EIC and i was approved yesterday, the 24th. My WMR is still at bar one as being accepted and processing. Hopefully, we will see ddd on Monday.
  • I filed on 1/16/14 with Jackson hewitt and it still says pending??
  • We were approved today with the child tax credit.  INcorrect
  • My return had a child tax credit and mine was accepted on the 24th as well
  • What dates did yall file with child credit that are approved? Turbotax? I filed 23rd with credit not accepted yet
  • We were rejected because wrong EIN # corrected and re-filed so fingers crossed. So they are accepting and rejecting some returns early?
  • I filed on 01/08/2014 with the child tax credit, return accepted on the 24th
  • I was accepted also, and I filed with the child tax credit also.  I filed on the 10th.
  • I filed with turbo tax on Jan 4, 2014 and mine got accepted yesterday 1/24/2014, I also had child tax credit.  Hopefully it won't be too long before its processed and I receive my refund through direct deposit!!
  • i filed on the 16th was accepted today
    What this means:

That was my email just now no lie
  • Filed on the 18th, accepted today. Same email that @clintbrantley348 got
  • IRS excepted my refund today !
  • When did u file @ jbw81590?
  • I filed on the 16th of January and today it got accepted. God is always on time.
  • I filed on the 1/16 and I was acknowledged today does this mean accepted? god is good either wa
  • Same here I filed on the 18th and I got a email and a text message from Turbo tax stating that it was accepted!! I guess I was lucky this year, last year I got mine after the 21days
  • I filed mine on the 3rd of Jan and it got accepted around 11am on the 24th.  Last year people who got accepted early mostly got their refunds earlier too but who knows! I'm not holding my breath :) Good luck everyone!
  • Yes it states that! But I was accepted today and it tells you to wait 48 hours before checking my refund...is that true, no because wheres my refund states my refund is being processed!! So congrats to everyone that has been accepted already! We will get refunds before opening date! Part of a system test!!
  • I filed on the jan 18 WMR site sayin it can not find me what does that mean
  • I also filed on 1/17/14 and received my confirmation email 1/26 and I checked the irs site it says they accepted it... @jina if its the irs site it will say that but if u download the turbo tax app it will have your status
  • O ok thanks @ bosslady
  • We were rejected on 1/24/14 wrong EIN # trying to find out if when corrected on 1/24/14 and resubmitted if it gets held on to again for the 31st or resent to the IRS. Guess we are in the same boat.
  • Has your refund been approved yet
  • Has yours?
  • Still sitting on the 1st orange bar on WMR.
  • IM STILL ON FIRST STATUS BAR AND GOT ACCEPTED ON THE 24TH......
  • Did you get accept yet or did they push your return back?
  • Did your get accepted yet?
  • For those who got refunds on the 31st last year...did Wheres my refund show that it was approved and going to be deposited or did it just happen?
  • Last my refund was supposed  TO b dd on the 6 of February i had on the2nd
  • Mine said 2/1 but my bank real eased the funds on 1/31
  • Mine was accepted 1/27/2014 but WMR shows no info, is that normal?
  • ANY ONE WHO GOT ACCEPTED DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY KIDS??????
  • I do.
  • Y DO THEY SKIP ME THEY DONT EVER PICK ME FOR THE TEST RUN AND NOW IM BEING TOLD THAT THEY DONT EVEN GO IN ORDER IM REALLY FREAKIN OUT BECAUSE I REALLY NEED THAT MONEY........I DNT SEE Y THEY CANT JUS PICK ME FOR THE TEST RUN AT LEAST ONE YEAR. how many kids do u have cuz i have 3 and thought maybe thats y i didnt get picked
  • I don't have any kids at all. Just EIC and education credits. This is the 1st time I've ever been selected. It's a luck of the draw. The 31st is in 2 days Hun. No one has gotten a ddd yet. Even the ones that was accepted on 1/24.
  • I kno that im jus fustrated that not only did i not get picked but i was told that they dont go in order so even tho i filed on the 24th i might not get mine until like valentines day which i really dont want to wait that long..........every year i get it between the 1st and the 8th im jus hoping i get it agein around that time too
  • If you go to efile details, what does it show? Mine shows this: Received by TurboTax January 21, 2014 9:20 AM ET
    Received by IRS January 21, 2014 9:20 AM ET
    Filing changed state to SUCCEEDED_AGENCY January 27, 2014 11:48 AM ET

And at 11:04 1/21/2014 is when I got a text message saying it was excepted, and info I can find on the internet says that means that it has been accepted but not processed
  • That's strange. You should be able to pull it up on WMR. Are you inputting the correct filing stat and refund amount. Your the only one I've seen with a 1/21 acceptance date.
  • i e filed filed on the 1/4/14 and i was accepted on the 24th. i have a estimated date of the 2/20/2014.
  • I also have the same dd date and I recieved this email as we'll has anyone recieved refund yet
  • @littleriversaw91 have you checked out this website
    http://refundschedule.com/2014-irs-e-file-chart/
  • I efiled this morning at around nine am. At noon, I got that the irs has accepted my return early, will not process until Friday. At least it was accpeted
  • did u filed thru h & r block????? did anyone file thru h & r block and got accepted????
  • I got acceppted yesterday I filed on the 28th turbo tax emailed saying I was accepted but WMr says it's being processed not yet in the approve stage the turbo tax has already give me a estimated dd date of 2 20 14 can anyone give me an idea when I should really expect my return.
  • No turbo tax, I would never use HnR after a bad exp a few years ago
  • y does everyone say h & r block sucks lol
  • Turbo tax is 45 where hr charged me 300 last year never again
  • i know they charge a lot but i dont have internet access except for wen im at work and im too nervous that i will mess it up[ if i did it thru u guys
  • I like to mention that, I got my federal refund today but it was not deposited until 6pm. I have Citibank. It is strange that even on Where is my refund, it still says processing.

Hopefully many of you got your refund too!
  • Really that's strange because nobody else got there's yet it must be your bank.
  • i thank everybody up here lieing saying they got there money need to stop there bullshit you still waiting like everybody else if thats the case where is ours you just really make me mad when your lieing for nothing plus were your proof its always a reason why nobody shows that lies in lies in more lies
  • Did you go on santa barbara's website to see if it was there Asael1190
  • Mellymel, quit your whining haha. Jk. But seriously it's not anything special that people were "picked"
    They accepted a few thousand, possibly a few hundred thousand people. I filed yesterday and was accepted today. HOWEVER, someone that files tomorrow could get their money before me. It all depends on what kind of return your doing and how complex it is. I'd say basically the smaller the refund the more quickly you'll get it. The more simplistic returns will be refunded in a shorter amount of time. I'd say expect it between feb 2nd - feb 7th no later. But that's just a guess for anyone out there that has a problem with me stating my opinion.
  • thank u andrew i appreciate it not trying to complain i jus need that money but thats for ur advice......by the way still no acceptance yet hopefully today would be nice
  • I completely understand mellymel. I know the feeling. Just don't take it personal is all I meant. There is nothing special about those who were accepted early. They do it year after year and it doesn't change the end result. You'll have it between the 1st and the 5th, possibly as late as the 7th, but it's highly unlikely. Just my opinion though.
  • no no i didnt i have been complaining lol but i filed the 24th so im hoping to get accepted today last year i filed the 27th and had my money the 24th so im really jus hoping i get the same results
  • Hey andrew1387 thanks for those words do you really think that it will occur as early as the 1st of feb no later by the 5th? I mean I know the IRS has a lot of pockets to fill, but it seems odd being that all of the early testing took place!
  • hey angie did u get accepted early.....im still waiting on an acceptance from them but at least its been sent to them
  • Hey mellymel654, yes I did get accepted early and I am bit confused. The email says that I was accepted as of the 29th but on tt it says the 27th the IRS accepted me so either way I was accepted. I am just not sure which date or category it will place me in for the estimated refund date! I am just trying to remain calm in hopes that they will update soon and the bar will progress to refund approved and provide an accurate date to go by!
  • yes i wish that i would have gotten approved early but i did file on the 24th so i hope i am up by the front of the line and im hoping to see that mine has been accepted b4 i leave to go home today
  • You will hear something soon mellymel, just remember what God has for you it is for you and no one can take that from you not even IRS. So with that said we are going to hold on and hold out till we get some good news! ;)  (Sidebar: I know it is easier said than done, I am on edge myself, but he always steps in on time! )
  • i know and hopefully he has that i get this money by next week instore for me :)
  • Well said!  I totally agree.  God prevails everytime!
  • angie1100 mine says the same thing but I am not worried.  Like you said what God has for you is for you and he is always on time when we need it.  Yes I am anxiously awaiting but I am excited to know that it is on the way!
  • Thanks and as I mentioned we are all on pins and needles due to so many different stories and relics about the ddd that we simply lost focus on the mere fact that it is on the way. Please dont misunderstand me I too would love to have it today, but I know that it is coming and that is enough to allow me to stretch my faith just a little bit farther! Maybe some reaped sooner than others, but at the end of the day we will all reap our just rewards! :)
  • yes thats true but i am hearing a lot about how h and r blocks are taking longer than turbo tax that is y i am so fustrated i filed thru them not tt can someone help answer this question for me
  • from personal experience, h and r block has ALWAYS taken alot longer than turbo tax.. same thing with my daughters mother along with my sister.. we stopped using h and r block a while ago because of it .. on top of it our refunds were always bigger with turbo tax.
  • so im assuming no one got lucky today
  • yea but i got my money last year on the 4th and filed the 27th so i dont see y it would make a difference this year especially cuz i filed on the 24th......
  • Update for me. I filed the 16th, and received my email from TT on the 26th stating it had been accepted by the IRS. Today 2.1.2013 WMR still shows only one bar highlighted. Looks like it will be sometime next week.
  • mine was accepted on 1/28 and im getting an estimated refund date of 2/5 I hope this is right
  • Latasha where did you see that information posted? Was it on the WMR or on the TT website please advise thanks!
  • my bar on irs website moved to approved i have an estimated date formoney to be in my acct feb 6th
  • 2/2/14 Update - Now we are at block two on the WMR tool, and it says a DD date of 2/6. I filed on the 16th and it was accepted on the 26th.
  • lmy bar on irs website moved to approved i have an estimated date formoney to be in my acct feb 6th
  • I'm still on the 1st orange bar. Hopefully there is a change tonight.
  • Mine is still on 1 bar
    Wtf mine was accepted on the 28th
  • anyone get any money yet
I hve a feeling those who filed early and already received a accepted email or text message...will receive their refund between January 31-february 5,2014...DNT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH!!!!
  • I'm thinking the same thing and hoping by the 1st. I'll post the actual day that i get mine because I was accepted early.
  • I've been accepted early every year and gotten it by the 1st. Guess this year I didn't get lucky though
  • You never know, you might get accepted today!
  • I got accepted today
  • will there be a delay if u filed education credits. because it doesn't say anything about it this year email
  • Mine got accepted jan 24 2014 I hope I get money fast.
  • I saw a list of when tax forms will be ready, it said education credits were ready. No delay.
  • I also received a text msg stating I was accepted today I filled on the 16th
  • @dforrest I didn't hear anything about education delays this year. Thank goodness. I was part of that delay last year and I filed education credits this year to.
  • Anyone get a DDD yet that has gotten accepted
  • No not a ddd, it jus say it was received,it has not yet been approved! Hopefully soon though
  • If we are to recieve a refund between Jan 31-Feb 5 then we shouldn't we have a DDD by tomorrow Tues no later than Wed if its gna b on Friday of this week?....praying no delays and see a DDD this week
  • Has anyone been approved yet
  • My return was accepted today yahoo
  • I bet you're right.  I'm expecting mine anywhere between the 5th and the 14th.
  • I got accepted today ddd is feb 20th
  • Accepted today :)
  • When did u guys file
  • I filed on the 25th and got accepted today
  • Did anyone get a ddd today?
  • Nope. Still one orange bar.
  • I Filed My federal home & Business through e-file and got except on 01/26/04, my my State i had send it by mail so i did
  • Even if you're refund has already been accepted the irs doesn't start giving out the money until the 31st of Jan...it usually takes 7 days from the date it was accepted if you're having it direct deposited or put on the debit card. So if it was accepted the 24th you should get it the 31st...(unless you requested a check I hear that takes about 3 weeks...but I have no personal experiences with that)
  • i go accepted yesterday and i filed on the 24th
  • hey rclay2114 did u file thru turbo tax or somewhere else???
  • I filed on the 24th and Accepted on the 28th...Praying for early!
  • i filed on the 24th and hoping to jus get accepted today thats all im praying on lol
  • No one is going to get their refund before 2-20-2014. Even if you were accepted on the 24th, the IRS didn't even start looking at returns until the 31st. So minimum 21 days from the first day of processing is not gonna be until feb 20. I hate to burst your bubble, but you are not gonna get it before then. Thank the US Government shutdown last year for this.
  • Not to burst your bubble "gilnerd" but your wrong the irs informed the press the government shut down would NOT effect the tax return process the shut down affected the time frame they had to do system testing that's all there on schedule an accually accepted mine and many any other peoples returns early. I have no reason to lie nor do other people saying there's were accepted early. So if your going to post something don't be negative an second of all make sure what your saying is a valid argument.
  • Everyone else hang in there just think of it every day that goes by it's just one day closer
  • Yes gilmerd Ur wrong the refund chart came out yesterday and the 1st date is the 5th for checks so Ur bubble been burst
  • my bar on irs website moved to approved money to be in my acct by feb 6th
  • dd date by the 6th
  • Accepted on the 27th and still says in process as of 4am on the 5th 2014  any 1 else with the same deal??
  • got 2 bars dd by tomorrow
  • @dhaze82 do you think they will drop in the accounts at 12?
  • well Mine has been giving me the 6th since last saturday an Santa barbara bank that sends it still isn't show recieved it as of yet and it is 1:52 am illiniois time Very upsetting an if you look on irs site it is still sitting at approved Bar hasn't moved to the sent bar yet ? why is this ?
  • Approved on the 28th and it still shows 1 bar. Any 1 else in the same boat
  • I don't know whats going on mine was approved an said DDD on the 6 th an its not here not in my bank or Santa Barbara system doesn't show anything an Irs shows just the 2 bars doesn't show its been sent I don't know why an i checked with the Tresusary off set an I don't have any debts ... sorry for Mis Spelling ... I have never had any problems its always been there when its said !!! :]
  • I am still in the same boat. 1 bar. The IRS doesn't give a fuck about us, they don't care how badly or why we need this money. Just don't be alarmed. It should be approved in the next day or so.
  • Slots1. It says the 6th, and today is the 6th. I'm sure you'll see it today or at worst early tomorrow. While I understand your frustration, realize a lot of people including myself are still on one bar, simply accepted and not approved yet.
  • This sucks my ex wife just called and said her 4600 was deposited this morning we are in Seattle wa. I even was accepted before hers wtf.
  • For anyone accepted on the 28th-1st check the official IRS where's my refund site. You should be approved by tomorrow. I was accepted the 29th and I was just approved today with est dd of feb 10th.
  • Still I bar this morning.
  • In the past it's had very little to do with when you were accepted. And more so to do with how simple or more complex your return is. In other words no two tax returns are the same. The credits and deductions you claimed play a huge roll in how long your return will take to be approved.
  • Mine was approved today and I have a dd for the 10th also. Does that mean it will be in my account on that day?
  • Sorry correction, I was approved the 30th.

Also check your state taxes, I received my state direct deposit this morning
  • Accepted the 30th****
  • @lrb im hoping by 12 it will b in our accts and @ andrew i totally agree they dont care about us but i guarentee theygt theirs and slots mine says the same as urs
  • Still 1 bar any 1 still with 1 bar as of 9:27 am pst
  • got my money about 230 today
  • Same date as you.. And stuck on one bar which puzzles me.. The bar been at the same spot for over a week??
  • @cdubose74
    Which date would that be?

@everyone asking questions.

If your concerned that something is wrong because you only have 1 bar, my advice to you would be to just take a deep breath, and not over think it. While I understand how important it is we get our returns in a timely fashion due to bills, expenses, things we needed our money for yesterday... There is no need to worry that you aren't going to get your money. While I believe a lot of you will be getting your money by the 10th if not before, I would say most to all of you that filed before the 2nd will receive your refund no later then the 15th.

I've said this before and I will say it again, it has everything to do with what is on your return. What credits you applied for and what deductions you listed. Just like with anything, the more there is involved, the longer it will take. It's like reading 2 novels, 1 that is 100 pages, and one that is 600 pages. It simply takes more time to go over the novel that is 600 pages because there is obviously more content.
    While it shouldn't have too much of an impact, one of the largest federal deductions is the earned income credit. Due to this, it also involves more fraudulent claims, and in turn they may be going over those that elected that deduction a little more carefully.
    Education credits may also take significantly longer.

Regardless, unless you put down your social wrong, or lied about information on your return, you need not worry. The reason I say this is because most of the errors occur with people who fill out their own tax returns, ie. Math errors, calculation errors, not filling out certain areas or only giving partial information. None of that is an issue with anyone on this site considering the fact that we all got here thru turbotax. Again, I do understand the importance of a timely return. I'm simply saying it will be here soon.

It's a good idea if you are expecting a state return to check your state website. Each state is a different site, but most have a where's my refund tool as well. They are not all easy to find but most have them. My state return was accepted 3-4 days after my federal was accepted, ( fed accepted 30th of Han, state accepted the 2nd) and I just received my direct depots this morning (for state return). Don't go by turbo tax's app or information as to the status of your returns. It is not in real time and mine has only seemed to update until the point of approval and then does not go past that. Otherwise my state should read deposited or complete and it does not.  Find your state site and find the status. If you can't find a site or one does not exist, there will for sure be a number you can call.

Good luck everyone. I hope you all see a large deposit shortly!!!!

Email: andrew 1387 @ gmail . Com.  (No spaces)
  • Still 1 bar as of 6:41 am pst
    Any 1 still the same. Accepted on the28th
  • Yeah, I'm still processing but this morning my account transcript became available and it said that my refund was dated for 2/24.  Not sure why that is though.
  • Got mine last night....
  • That's not exactly true my son's return was accepted on the 1st of Feb and he got his return DD on the 10th of Feb!

did any of you whos return has already been accepted or processed file an education credit?

• I filed on the 17th, IRS accepted my return on the 24th; I filed for an education credit, as I do every year. They are processing mine.
  • Yes. I got accepted today. I filed a couple days ago and inhad education credits
  • I filed on the 23rd through turbotax and was accepted today. I have American opportunity credit, earned income credit, and child tax credit. Don't know when to expect my return though
  • I heard that if your refund was accepted anytime before January 31st by 11:00am that your refund would be sent direct deposit (if you chose this option) on Feb 5th.
  • I don't believe this to be true, bc the irs is now on a new system that releases funds everyday m-f not on a cycle that's why they didn't release a cycle chart this year.
  • i filed mine on 1/29, i had education credits and mine was accepted 1/30.  i hope to get my return early
  • I did have the one bar on where's my refund up until just now I looked and akk the bars are gone and it just says your return is still being processed and refund date will be provided when avail...anyone had this happen this year? last year I got that and I was put in error due to all the software glitches they were having...had to even get a tax advocate and didn't get my refund till mid May...and there wasn't anything wrong with it either...now im panicking!!!
  • Did you get a ddd yet??

I got my email today from Turbo Tax at 12:09 pm I was accepted by the IRS today..

• Did you get accepted today I'm talking about 2014
  • Yes mine got accepted today!
  • Mine too
  • Yes I got accepted today 01/24/2014
  • yes 2014 returns were accepted today
  • Yes 2014
  • what day did u file this year
  • This passed Monday
  • I filed on Jan 5th
  • I filed on the 20th mine is still pending :(
  • Did you go to where is my refund
  • on the irs website or TurboTax
  • I file through turbotax
  • turbotax still says pending
  • Mines probably won't be one of those that go accepted because I just filed a few days ago
  • has anyone file through TurboTax after the 20th been accepted yet?
  • I filed on the 17th and have not been accepted yet.
  • WMR is telling me accepted but DDD yet
  • noDDD yet
  • oh well wishful thinking I guess
  • Mine accepted today i checked irs.gov and it stated my refund is being processed
  • when did you file samantha
  • 1\20\14
  • I filed on the 11th and my refund was accepted today. Last year I was accepted on the 27 or 28 and received my dd on the 7th.
  • Mine were accepted today. Saturday the 25th. I filed on the 17th
  • I filed mines the 16th and got an email today 1/25/14 saying it was accepted. Last year mines was accepted early as well but it took almost a month for me to get a refund. I hope this year will be better.
  • I haven't gotten an email yet. Hope something's not wrong with my taxes.
  • I filed 1/17 and received my email today they accepted it at 12:04pm today 1/26 its also showing on the irs site to as well as turbo tax
  • I filed in the 1/23rd and it was accepted today 1/27
Mine were accepted on the 24th last year and I got my refund on 1/31.
  • Mine was receieved on the 24th this year...so I hope I do get it early too!
  • I was also accepted on the 24th last year and got my DD on 1/31. Accepted once again on the 24th this year so hoping for a 1/31 DD once again.
  • Mine was accepted on the 31st last year and I got the DD the 7th.  I just got an email and a text (1/27) saying this year's just got accepted, hopefully I'll get the DD by next week.  I'm really broke and behind on my rent...  I read somewhere that if accepted by the 31st it might be deposited by the 5th.  I sincerely hope that's the case!!
    Good luck everyone!
  • Mine is the same way mbrumleyturner. Accepted everywhere BUT on WMR. I'm going with it!

Hello, I wanted to share my past experience. Last year my taxes were accepted on the 25th. I looked at my bank account statement from Jan- Feb. and my IRS refund was dd on Feb 1st. This year my refund was accepted on the 26th. I filed early both years with TT. I think I may have my refund on the 31st, but it maybe the 7th. Prior experience leads me to believe the wait time in no longer than 10 business days.

• I'm hoping so. Thanks for sharing.
  • Did you get it today?
  • jfraisar1993, no unfortunately nothing yet but I am remaining hopeful that if will be within the upcoming week.
Last year my return was accepted 1/26 and I had my money 2/4 ... I just got my text message saying my return was accepted !! But when I checked the where's my refund site it said money expected 2/20 .... there's really no option but to wait
  • Thats the exact date mine said 2/20
  • Mines has the same date as well
  • me too
  • mine also
  • me too i think they put that to be safe
  • last year i had a much later ddd than the day that i actually got it.. i dont remember what my ddd was but i stalked my bank account every day from when i got my ddd and it showed up on the 2nd.
  • so wmr actuall has a date on some of yours? do you have your 2nd bar refund approved highlighted yet? I did mine at liberty tax on jan 15th and checked wmr last night and it said we have received your refund and it is being processed..blah, blah, then the whole 21 day spill but not actual date so that's why im a little confused. last yr I filed on the 30th of Jan and didn't get my refund until mid May..crazy!!! I didn't even have any ed credits last year either..just got caught up in one of their MANY software glitches :(
  • *Jan 25th, not 15th sorry :)
  • my was approved and says my ddd is by February 6

I received my refund last year 2/1/13 and it was accepted 1/24. I have seen someone post on turbotax facebook  page and igotmyrefund facebook page said theirs has already been accepted.

• I had the same. I filed on the 18th. Got accepted on the 24th and the money was in my account on the first. I hope it happens again.
  • I just got my acceptance today and last year too and received my money on feb1
  • I WAS ALSO ACCEPTED TODAY BY THE IRS
  • mine was accepted by irs today- it's saying the earliest I'll receive my return is 1/31 and the latest on 2/14
  • @nyurch, I only received a "should receive my refund within 21 days" message, where did you get your earliest refund date if you don't mind my asking? Only so I can check mine :)
  • Go to the app store and download Intuit's My tax refund app.
  • had anyone filed on the 20th and been accepted yet
  • I filed on January 10th...
  • @emnray I found a site, I think it was http://efile.com and it asks what date your tax return was received, and how you filed and then it gave me the dates- I have no DDD from where's my refund though... did anyone get a ddd from irs.gov yet?
  • I filled mine on the 3rd of January and it says my estimated refund date is February 20th could that just be ab estimate. But mine was excepted early aswell
  • @nyurch Thank you! I also have the estimated date of 2/20 from TurboTax..
  • tt says that my return was excepted early by the irs on my email and on the site. Now when I check the irs site they have no info on my return and prompt me to make sure I was putting in correct information. why is that?
  • Mine got accepted jan 24 2014 I should get money fast I tried ckeching too but it told me something wrong don't know hope I get refund fast
  • I just check an it said February 20 Ithink that's wrong it should take less than 21 days or around eight days
  • WMR is down right now. Feb 20th is the standard lingo TT is telling everyone that got accepted early. It's approximately 21 days from your acceptance. What I would suggest is checking WMR and once it says that refund is approved it'll give you an estimate ddd.
  • Where's My Refund? is available almost all of the time. However, our system is not available every Monday from 12:00 am (Midnight) to 3:00 am Eastern Time.
    Our Change of Address and Refund Trace features are not available during the following times (Eastern Time):

Sunday 12:00 am (Midnight) to 7:00 pm
    Monday 12:00 am (Midnight) to 6:00 am
    Tuesday 3:30 am to 6:00 am
    Wednesday 3:30 am to 6:00 am
    Thursday 3:30 am to 6:00 am
    Friday 3:30 am to 6:00 am
    Saturday 3:30 am to 6:00 am
    and 9:00 pm to 12:00 am (Midnight)

Also, occasionally our system may be unavailable on Sundays between 1:00 am and 7:00 am Eastern Time
  • Anyone received a DDD yet
  • No, not yet. I am going to wait an check on Wednesday and check to see what it says.
  • Still waiting. I filled on 1/9 and still nothing
  • Has anyone checked when their return was sent the agency ( tax authority) for acknowledgment? Mine was sent Friday & I'm still waiting...
  • @samantha what do you mean sent to the tax authority?
My Federal Return has been accepted on Jan. 24 @ 8:48am
Mine was accepted to with this statement at the bottom:

As part of controlled IRS testing, a small number of federal returns will be transmitted to the IRS between January 24th and January 30th, 2014. This is before processing officially begins on January 31st. If you receive an acknowledgement during this timeframe, your return has been accepted by the IRS but your refund will not be processed early.

If you expect a federal refund, the IRS Where's My Refund? tool will provide personalized information about your tax return beginning January 31st. The timeframe for issuing refunds will not begin before this date.

The IRS issues most refunds in less than 21 days. See What to Expect for Refunds for more information on when to expect your refund.
  • I filed on Jan. 19th and I been accepted today. I was also accepted early last year and received my refund on Feb 5. Did anyone receive a direct deposit date yet?
  • Yes I download the my tax refund turbo tax app and my refund date said 2/20/2014
  • TT is giving everyone that standard 2/20 jargon. I hope it's true. When I check WMR there isn't a date just one orange box, the 21 day  script, and tax topic 152.

Got mine accepted yesterday (Sunday)! Filed it on the 19th.  So they are definitely accepting early returns.  No status on "Where's my refund" yet.

You say that as if you don't believe people got refunds early I for one got my return 1 day after official date of opening. Last yr and know of thousands of others try igotmyrefund.com great site 100000s of users waiting for refunds
    • i got mine on February 1st last year so I know they were processed early.
    • Do you recall what date your returns were accepted?
    • From TurboTax website.

Filed Federal tax return
          Accepted on 01/24/13
          Filed Georgia tax return
          Accepted on 01/29/13
    • NICE!   hope they accept mine early. I did mine on the 1/15/2014, have you filed yours?
    • Filed Federal tax return
          Accepted on 01/24/13

Filed Georgia tax return
           Accepted on 01/29/13
    • yes - i filed mine with TurboTax on January 3!  LOL.
    • Well, i hope that we get them accepted early.. fingers crossed. I am sure we could all use our refunds!
    • Got my check week of Jan. 31 last year, money in my account. So this statement about hub testing not processing until Jan. 31 st no true, for a fact.
    • Me too
    • do you remember when you filed?
    • The accepted dates mean nothing as far as when you will actually get your return. Mine were accepted the same day I filed (01/29/2013) but I didn't get my money until 3 weeks later. Mine was not held for any reason either. I do know some people did have theirs done early though.
    • I filed and had my return accepted early last year but my refund was weeks late because I was a student and something to do with education credits caused the delay. My friend who didn't claim education credits got her refund the day after the "official" opening last year and her return was accepted early the same day as mine. This year my return was accepted early again on the 24th, no education credits so praying my refund will be in my bank on the 31st.
    • Has anyone I'm ga state return been accepted. If so are you able to check the status of it? My state was accepted 1/27/14 and every time I try and look it up it says no record found.

The past 5 years I've been filing with turbo tax mine has always been accepted before Jan 31st...and I have always gotten my refund by the first week of Feb....I did mine a about 10 days later this year, Jan 23rd to be exact, so I'm not sure if I will get mine early or not this year now that I need the money more than ever!! But there is no right or wrong answer here, it can happen...or it might not... you have to wait! Unfortunately there is no way of knowing.

I Was accepted today i filed Jan. Seventh

There are a lot of people on here wondering if they'll get their refunds by the 1st.  The answer is no.  The IRS is accepting some returns early, just to test-run their software and make sure that it's working.  They will not begin *processing* the retuns until the 31st.  The processing is not as automated as the acceptance.

Acceptance just does an initial, automated check for social sec #'s and EIN's.  Once those are validated as being existant, it is accepted into the system.  At some point, a human being is going to look at your return.  This is the "approval" process, which will not begin until 31 Jan.

Due to the government shutdown, the 2014 tax season is beginning a full 10 days later than previous seasons.  So, people on here saying "I always get my return by the 1st" can expect theirs around the 10th.  Fingers crossed.  =)

I'm not an expert, I've just been reading these comments on all these sites for a few hours and wanted to give my educated opinion.

BTW mine was filed 1/12 and accepted 1/24.  Hoping to have it by the 10th. 

• I have to tell you politely you are wrong with many things  you have said. First being a human being being the one processing your return. That is incorrect. It's a new system and a human being only looks at your refund if it's been flagged from the computers and well after you would return your refund. They have computer systems that handle all of this. Next, you are wrong about this year beginning 10 days later than last year. Last year the opening day was the 30th, however just like this year they started accepting returns on the 24th. I personally know people who have been part of the testing which is in my opinion not testing just a head start before everyone goes on the actual "opening day" and the systems get flooded, and have got their returns by the 1st. You will definitely have your refund way before the 10th, I GUARENTEE YOU.. as long as everything checks out through the system
        • Thanks pauldaggett1989 that makes sense not that I am well versed with the systems, but it helps me to understand the process a little bit better. Due to receiving last w-2 late I was able to file on 1/27/2014, so I am in hopes that it will be accepted by the 31st as mentioned when they began processing. Thanks again for the insight! =)
        • Yours should definitely be accepted by the 31st as long as the information is all correct. And not a problem.
        • Oh okay thanks pauldaggett1989, I am doing my best to patiently wait for a response. With that said if I am accepted prior to or on the 31st does that mean I would fall in the Feb 5th bracket everyone was discussing earlier? Sorry this is my first experience with TT and I was just curious thanks! =)
        • But what about the State
        • And i Second that , You are absolutely Correct!
        • correct about what??
        • there are no time tables for when refunds will be issued like previous years.. the cycle chart provided by the irs is no longer available.. the efile site is just an ESTIMATED cycle chart based on previous years.. however you can't go by that... in previous years the irs only direct deposited on certain days.. now they direct deposit everyday... so only way to tell if by actaully getting your refund date or refund..

you would think itf they are doing hub testing they would see it thru all the way to include refund processing. it doesnt make sense to test to a certain point then stop. Just saying

• I must be one of the lucky ones!! My refund was just accepted.. no DDD yet though. So for everyone saying they don't process early or do tests you are wrong because its not the 31st and I've been accepted! ;) good luck everyone! Hopefully no back ups this year!! (I was apart of the people whose returns were delayed and processing forever'lost in the system')
        • Mine got accepted to!
        • Is the irs really accepting tax early
        • What this means:

That is the email I got from turbotax today 01/24/2014
        • .
        • I read somewhere that the irs will not up date the "wheres my refund" until jan 31.
        • Hmmm. Possibly.  Mine has been on the 1st orange bar since the 24th.
        • mines has been on the first orange bar since sunday 26 but last year I was excepted early as well and at 12:00 the night of the 29th when I checked WMR it said approved and a direct deposit of 2/1/13 and it can into my account on 1/31/13 at 4:30am
        • I think that if they are doing test batches who ever said that why would it stop at accepting everybody knows that a test run means to test the whole system why just accept that's not testing testing means run diagnosis of the whole system if they are rejecting people than there doing more than accepting them so finger crossed in its just sounds crazy just to accept really if you believe dat than you gotta be kidding me i was accepted early one bar but hey one bar better than no bars because i have found out  that could mean trouble when them bars disappear  its just a wait game in i am waiting with no other option lol
        • do you kno if the irs sends refunds out over the weekend??? and do u know since i recieved mine on the 4th last year and i filed the 27th do u think that since i filed on the 24th this year that ill recieve it about the same time???
        • I'm hoping that happens this year as well. I had to wait til almost the end of feb since there was a hold due to education credits.
        • yes i do too does anyone know if they issue funds over the weekend???
        • and are u sure that they dont go in order i was told they go on a first in first out basis
        • except for the people that got picked first
        • No it's not true. It's computer generated. I've seen people get accepted on the same day with different ddd.
        • well hopefully they pick me on friday so i can get my refund by the 4th thats the usual time i get mine around that time
        • is there still a chance they can pick me b4 friday??? or is it jus a test run
        • Don't know. There are still tons of people that were part if a test batch like us that are waiting and wanting the same thing. Right now it's just a waiting game.
        • yea ur right well thanks for the help did u get accepted early??
        • and they dont place funds in the account on the weekend?? correct?
        • Yes funds are placed on the weekend its computer generated and done 7 days a week
        • o ok well that makes me feel better are u positive??? lol
        • Yupp Im positive , last year wheres my refund showed february 6 as my exp date and it came into my account on feb 2 which was a saturday, This year mine was accepted yesterday the 28th im hoping it comes at least by the 7th ,  Im anxious as hell as well.
          Hope for the best
        • Great I do have one more question i wanted to know if the irs is open 24 7???? if they are do u know what time on friday they will start processing them???
        • Honestly that I dont know, but if u think about it logically, everybody in America is filing and trust and believe they dont have that many workers so I would assume its all done electronically  which means they cant process allll those manually so im thinking its done around the clock,  They dont have enough workers to process all those refunds so the computers is doing all the work I can bet on it and they probably still accepting, its tooo many people in America
           ( My opinion) So trust me its probably around the clock action
        • hey start processing exactly at 12:00 tonight I know because last year my return was approved at 12:01 and it was the 1/29 at 12:00am and was in my acct on 2/1/14
        • I really hope so i filed on the 24th so i hope mines at the front of the line to get processed first that would be great :)
        • @tedre.davis234 how did u find out what time it was approved
        • yes i want t know how to find out what time as well
        • its show an estimated date on the intuit mytaxrefund turbotax app.
        • Please Note: This is normal It does take 1 to 2 weeks to get your federal or/and State
        • i know but last year i filed on the 27th got my money the 4th so it only takes like 1 week so im thinking i will get my money over the weekend
        • this year i filed on the 24th so a week from then would be tomorrow
        • well that was the time I got on and checked it was 12:01 and it was approved already the systems do it automatically and after it's approved you will get a date of direct deposit
        • don't listen to those people who say a week after the 31 you'll get a deposit because clearly the irs states that it's 21 days from the day you are accepted so count 7-10 days from that day I was accepted on the 26 so hopefully I recieve a refund on the 2 or Monday Goodluck :) to you all
        • yes i understand that but i got accepted last year on the first got my money the 4th and its been like that each year i file
        • and this year i will probly get accepted tomorrow since i filed on the 24th and will probly have my money by next week
        • Well everyone keep fingers crossed and hopefully everyone is a lil richer when we wake up in the morning
        • yes i hope i am at least accepted and processing by tomorrow as long as i get some money over the weekend i will be happy
        • i found this info http://refundschedule.com/2014-irs-e-file-chart/
        • so people who e-filed before 11 am jan 24-jan 31 can expect and estimated ddd of 2/5 and those requiring a paper check can expect a mail out date of 2/7
        • I filed a couple days ago and got an email stating my refund has been accepted already.
        • im starting to think it really is just turbo tax ppl
        • I think so too im stalking my bank account like crazy lol!
        • lol yea i filed thru hrblock and still nothing foor me
        • those of you who are saying you still haven't been accepted yet, and are hoping you'll have money this weekend I wouldn't count on it. Once you're excepted it usually takes about a week for the money to be deposited. just saying from personal experience between myself, friends and family.
        • accepted*
        • Lol @dhaze82
        • ;) @tedre.davis
        • as anyone been approved yet?
        • This is 7:30 a.m. eastern time. 1/31/14. Has anyone who received an email between the 24th and the 26th from TT stating that their taxes were accepted early by the IRS, have you been to the official IRS WMR tool and received an update? Mine is still on block one, showing that it has been received and is being processed. Mine was a basic return, one W-2, no education expense.  Thanks.
        • Yes. If you submitted yesterday or today u should be approved today, if there are no issues and if it's not extremely complex. They started early, but it's not for sure you will be ACCEPTED by today. It's all case by case, case worker by case worker, type by type. Many different varoliables involved
        • so im assuming that no one got lucky today?
        • nope
        • I got accepted on the 26 and my ddd is the 23 but the chart states by the 5 so I'm confused
        • i'm not as concerned about that now as i'am the fact that turbo is saying now that i can't finish my state because I have errors in my federal which it already filed for me on the 27th an was accepted wants me to change date on state to say federal was accepted to 01/31/2014 or after is this legal without amending ? what do i do i want to get my state out .
        • Irs website says I haven't even been accepted but turbox tax have me ddd of the 23
        • no taxact 2
        • my bar on the irs website moved to the second one refund date by feb 6th to be in my acct
        • Same here DDD of the 6th on WMR...
        • ddd by feb 6th

Yes, the IRS does "hub testing" to make sure that everything works well. And the superusers are correct. It's a small population that is sent, so the chances of being included are small ... and refund processing doesn't get pushed forward either (despite many folks last year who said they got their refunds early). The timer for processing the return and refunds still starts on the 31st, so taxpayers in hub testing won't get their refunds earlier than others. 

• I got mines on Feb. 1 as well...why would people not be honest about that?
        • got mine Feb.4
        • I got mine 1/31....so I'm sorry but they started processing before the official date last year.
        • Got mine 31st as well  :)
        • it seems reasonable to me that if the irs did hub testing then some refunds would be processed the day they opened...I wonder how many people have already filed this year?
        • millions
        • I got mine on 1/31 to
        • Just got my federal accepted!
        • Mine was accepted this morning as well
        • Mine was accepted this morning as well. Can someone clearly tell me what time fram we're looking at here now?
        • Is really true that the irs really accepting refunds now
        • Yes its true.I filled on the 3rd @ mine was excepted early
        • Last year I received my refund on 1/29...I believe I filed on the 17th...hopefully they process some early this year also
        • Amy, they didn't start before the official date last year--the official date was 1/21 last year.  This year it's 1/31.  Therefore, getting your refund on the 31st last year means it took about 10 days.  If it takes the same amount of time this year, you'll receive it around 10 Feb.
        • tamara you are wrong.. the official date last year was the 30th.. not the 21st..
        • this year was supposed to be about the 21st, however with the government shutdown it caused delays.. but just like last year they have accepted certain returns early...
        • last year many people got there returns accepted on the 24th, just like this year.. last year ive seen people say they got them on the 31st the day after the official opening date.. and some the 1st.. leads me to believe people will get refunds on the 1st this year the day after official opening.. maybe even the day of the 31st which is a friday
        • Same thing just says refund received. The irs is accepting returns but no official processing until 31st and no payout till first or 2nd week of February. I was told by a fam member that works in irs office. Other than that goodluck
        • hey kanela2003 so i got my tax return on the 4th last year and the year b4 that will mine be around the same time since i filed on the 24th???? also do the irs go in order sorry i was jus curious if you could ask ur family memeber this for me thanks :)
        • No they don't go on order. They just choose randomly
        • for the test cycle or for wen they really start filing them??? because i always get mine the first week of feb and i always file early
        • People are wrong it does not go in random order. It is processed through computer. The irs staff only reviews it if there are errors. The computer has a system that determines by your social if you owe taxes or state any funds. Some people got there refunds earlier than others because there was no errors on there returns or maybe less paperwork to process it all just depends. If your irs return is already showing as received you will be one of the ones that automatically gets processed on 31st and direct deposit will be within 8 to 15 days from 31st not 21 like they say but they tell this to people so they won't be bugging the irs office. The new system is working a lot faster and easier for staff to process. Hope this helped.
        • @kanela I was talking about people that were accepted early for the test batch. Those people were selected randomly.
        • Ok so the test bunch is selected randomly and everyone else is done by the computer in order is that right???
        Was wondering did any one get accepted today, 1/27/14?
        • Me too filed on the 23 and still waiting but today wasn't as big as the 24
        • I filed the 21st and was accepted early today
        • What time today
        • I got accepted around 9am EST today
        • I filed on Tuesday the 21st and got accepted today at 9:12 am
        • I was accepted I think around 1130 am
        • I filed on the 23rd and was accepted today at 1:07pm :)
        • i got accepted today at 230 pm pacific time
        • Those that got accepted through turbo tax on the 27 if you go on where's my refund does it show your status yet? Mine is still not showing on the IRS site oy through turbo tax
        • Is the irs open 24 7?? if so when on friday will they start processing returns??
        • Mine was accepted on the 27th and nothing on WMR either. When you view efile details on TT does it look like this: Received by TurboTax                                         January 21, 2014 9:20 AM ET
          Received by IRS                                                 January 21, 2014 9:20 AM ET
        • Okay, I just checked WMR again and it shows accepted, so make sure you have your filing status correct
        • i wish they would process mine
        • DO REFUNDS GET SENT TO YOUR LOCAL IRS BUILDING OR THE MAIN ONE???? AND THE MAIN ONE IS WHERE???

Mine was accepted today as well. All the information I had received prior to day indicated that it would not be processed/accepted until Jan 31. But then today I got confirmation that mine was accepted. I'ved never filed this early before so I don't really have any experience with this early. But as others have said, it would seem odd that the IRS would accept your return early and then not process it accordingly. But hey, it's the IRS and wtf do I know any ways.

But I'm certainly hoping I get my return next week sometime. My wallet wouldn't complain :)

• when did you file?
        • I filed on the 17th.

I got the turbotax notifcation that the IRS accepted my return today. If I look up my return on the IRS website, it says I should received it within 21 days it being received (which is as of today). I'd like it to be a lot sooner than 21 days of course.  And I've never waited 21 days for a return when I've e-filed. Usually it's been about 2 weeks to receive my refund. However, this is the first year I've ever filed before the IRS was "open for processing of returns".
        • You should have it deposited into your account by Feb 1st. If you did Direct deposit.

Every yr for the past 3 yrs i have filed early with turbo tax and always received my refund by feb 1st..
        • I see people on Igotmyrefund.com saying that they have received their deposit. Looks like 2 or 3 are saying they have.
        • I would be leary on those 3 people!
        • Yeah, it's a little too soon, I'd be skeptical of anyone saying that.
        • I was accepted 1/24 but no dd yet
        • @ Kdreimiller, I have also been following Igotmyrefund and no one there has received there money as of yet. However there have been people posting " joking" about seeing their money but have later came back to correct it....
        • WMR still is not posting any DDD yet..uggghhh!!!
        • WHAT U SAID! LOL
        • Did u get estimated ddd date mine say 23 but chart say 5th
        • bar moved to second spot on irs website dd date feb 6th
        • Mine also just Moved to second bar an says the 6th of Fed DDD so we will see but sounds hopeful but turbo Tax still says 21 days Crap lol... so may not update till Monday I have a feeling not much updating is done with Turbo on Weekends .. Which is sad in this kind of business you would think a 24 hr work Force I process Payments for companies and we don't have a choice its a 24/7 364 yr company even though banks aren't open we still processed ...
        • Mine change to approved with the 6th also
        • I'm going to just start checking my account daily will let u all know once I get it
        • Still on the 1st bar. Hopefully I'll see some change tomorrow. This goes to show you that it's not 1st in 1st out. I was accepted 1/24
        • When did u file and get accepted?
        • When did I file and get accepted? I filed on the 29th, accepted on the 30th. Still waiting for my ddd.
        • Ddd for today and still no cash anyone else having this problem
        • Dhaze82 sbbt say it will deposit tomorrow I'm in the same boat wit u but they have received my funds
        • Does everyone's refund go to sbbt or just the ones that opted to have the fees taken directly out? I'm asking because I filed mine with the free edition
        • DDD of the 6th funds were in my account last night... Accepted on the 24th....

-

So, just to make sure, what is the difference between your federal refund getting accepted and approved? Because it got accepted, does that mean there is a chance my refund wont get approved? 

• @jussia1 Approval would more or less be your tax refund being sent out. No one has technically been approved yet. You are in good shape.
          • Thank you!
          I filed as soon as I received that W2, and I was waiting rather impatiently. I was finished filing by 1pm Jan 24, 2014, and my filing was accepted Monday Jan 27, 2014. I was surprised because everywhere I looked the news was pessimistic. people saying you can't even get the IRS to accept the filing until Jan 31st. So far it looks promising, I'm not getting my hopes up for an early refund, but I won't be surprised if it arrives before Feb 7, 2014.
          • Yessss lol u made me laugh u filed as soon as u got that w2 I did too every year
          • I got the w2 at around 11am at work. got on my tablet asap, and was done w/federal and state by 1pm. I'm on top of that stuff!
          • yeh i was surprise to because i have my own business and was shock that IRS excepted my Federal through turbo tax, so i showed that the irs is excepting taxes form through turbotax, You should see there faceses lol
          • Did anyone file on Monday and received a response or acceptance? Just wondering thanks!
          • here is proof:

Jan 26, 2014...!!!   Your Federal Return Has Been Accepted! What this means:

• I filed monday 1/27 and got accepted today 1/29
          • Hello Mlloyllo.sm84, so did I but I do not see a DD date as of yet.
          • This is what I found
            IRS accepts your return (by 11:00 am) between…* Projected Direct Deposit Sent* Projected Paper Check Mailed* January 24 and January 31 2014 2/5/2014 2/7/2014 February 01 and February 08 2014 2/12/2014 2/14/2014 February 09 and February 15 2014 2/19/2014 - See more at: http://refundschedule.com/2014-irs-e-file-chart/#sthash.yPJsIQrA.dpuf
          • Thanks tray_trevon this is music to my ears I was accepted on 1/28/2014, I know last year I was accepted on 1/30/2013 and received DD on 2/8
          • i was accepted last year on the 30th and got mine on the 4th hopefully i get the same dd as i did last year.....keeping my fingers crossed
          • I filed on the jan14 th and accepted on jan 26 th when will I get my refund back?
          • Does anyone know when I should get mine back? Thanks
          • google tax refund schedule, there is one that shows up, but no one knows yet if it is accurate. I filed this moring,was accepted today, and wmr is showing they received it and it is being processed. hopefully as quick as they are updating, refunds will be started Soon.
          • They will start processing midnight tonight
          • where did u see that at?? and are u sure
          • Refunds will be payed out m- f this year unlike the past years where it was only every Wednesday!
          • i got mine on monday last year thats wierd
          • Yes I was told personally. They accepted refunds on 24th to make the processing faster they will not officially process until 12:01 am 31st.
          • There is no DD this year because of diff payout schedule. That's why website only saying that it will take upto 21 days from receiving your return.
          • awsome that means ill probly get my money by monday if everything goes right i filed on the 27th last year and got my money the 4th hopefully this year i get it bout the same time
          • what do u mean no dd???
          • It's not irs that deposits your money they issue it out on Wednesday(prior years)to Santa Barbara bank and trust and then they deposit your money into account. So yes you could have recieved your money any day of the week depending on the banks schedule and how fast they deposit. It's not the irs that gives you money directly.
          • Refunds were paid out last year on all days. There will be DD dates, just none will show up till at least the 31st
          • I apologize there is no expected deposit date this year. That's why they are only saying 21 days. And yes it is expected to pay out a lot sooner this year around
          • do u know the link to where i can see if they have my funds
          • ok that makes sense now im jus sooo anxious this year hopefully they will pay out over the weekend i heard they do give money over the weekend thru diff ppl that got their refunds on a weekend last year.........jus fyi i didnt file thru tt i filed thru h & r block so i might have a diff bank
          • Go to Santa Barbara bank and trust website. They will ask you the same questions as they do on WMR. IF you owe anything it will also tell you on there because they deduct the money from there. Like mine already shows what is expected to be deducted as soon as my funds get there which is $304.00 dollars. So it's accurate I just have not received my refund yet.
          • It all goes through Santa Barbara bank and trust no matter where you filed.
          • Yes last year I got mine on Saturday
          • i think that they dont have mine yet hopefully ill have an email wen i get to work tomorrow or at least by 11 am
          • From what i heard not a whole lot of h & r block returns are being accepted early only a couple are
          • and for the amount do u put the amount ull get without the fees or with
          • Yes without fees
          • ok jus making sure last year i put in the amount with fees and it never showed up
          • This is what I found.
            Date Taxes Filed                  Direct Depost      paper check
            Jan 28 and Feb 3,   2014   Feb 13, 2014   Feb 21, 2014
            Feb 4 and Feb 10,   2014   Feb 21, 2014   Feb 24, 2014
            Feb 11 and Feb 17,   2014   Feb 28, 2014   Mar 3, 2014
            Feb 18 and Feb 24,   2014   Mar 7, 2014   Mar 10, 2014
            Feb 25 and Mar 3,   2014   Mar 14, 2014   Mar 17, 2014
          • yea right it probly wont take that long it never takes that long for me to get mines i get mine the first week of feb each year even last year
          • this is what i get wen i put my info in on the wmr website        
                                                                                                                                                                      We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgement e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS
            Please read the following information related to your tax situation:
            Tax Topic 152, Refund Information
          • mellymel654 - just to clarify for you, your funds only go through Santa Barbara Bank if you opted to have your fees taken out of your federal return. If you did not opt for that, then your refund goes straight from the irs to your bank account. I do not know if H&R uses Santa Barbara Bank, I have never files through them.
          • well i did opt for my fees to be taken out the refund so idk we will see but if you could answer a diff question for me............do the returns go to one irs building or do they go to your states irs building???

I like to mention that, I got my federal refund today but it was not deposited until 6pm. I have Citibank. It is strange that even on Where is my refund, it still says processing. 

• when was your return accepted?
          • I would like to know also.. I haven't even got mine yet .. no dd.. mine still says processing and was accepted on Jan 27th

Probably...and one chance in a million that it would include yours

...  and 50-50 that if it does get to the IRS in that first lot, that it will be screwed up as a result.

• However, the IRS has stated that it will not issue any refunds prior to Jan 31 anyway.
          • accepted today!
          • Did u get an email? Or how did u find out?
          • Me too
          • Me to I was right haha ha
          • are u for real or are u just messing with us
          • i got an email at 11:48 a.m. saying that my return was accepted.
          • Mine was accepted todayas well
          • Mine too!!!
          • Mine was accepted today too...so what does that mean
          • Me too!!!! Text email and checked wmr!
          • I got the text message! I hope that means it's coming early! I really need it!
          • I got accepted today and where's my refund says it is being processed. Crazy
          • Yup same for me got the email checked turbo tax then wmr! Showed it was accepted.
          • When did you file?
          • 01/10/14
          • Before the 10th of Jan. For me
          • Before jan 10th tkl
          • I did where's my refund and it's being processed
          • Ours too
          • Where's my refund shows mine as being processed too & it was accepted today.
          • Hi all - I was going to wait until next Thursday, but I just said the heck with it and filed. I see most of you that have been accepted, and congrats to you,  filed prior to the 10th.  So lets see where filing today gets me and how long I shall remain in pending H-E-double hockey sticks!
          • I filed Jan 8th and it got accepted today!
          • I got an email of DD on 1/29/14????? to my netspend card! So did my friend and someone else on TurboTax facebook?
          • when did u file u8mycow
          • Fingers crossed that its true!!!
          • Last year many returns that were accepted early were processed early too. Mine was accepted yesterday, January 24, 2014...However, I filed claiming the education credit and the IRS states they will not start processing returns claiming the education credit until February 15, 2014. I would like to know if anyone else who was accepted early also claimed the education credit?
          • i claimed education credits and i didn't hear nothing about it will not began to process until 2/15/14. I originally filed on 1/15/14 and was accepted early on 1/24/14. Where did you here about the delay from? When i check WMR is says that it is accepted and it is being processed.
          • They delayed education credits last year I was one of them :( they are not delaying those that was the glitch last year this year was the government shut down.
          • Doug, thanks. I didn't think so. I looked on the IRS website and didn't see anything. I to was delayed last year.
          • @ 305beauty, I read this information from one of the Turbotax representative who responds to messages on the Facebook Turbotax website site. The representative said the IRS said they will not be processing educational credits until February 15, 2014.  However I am now assuming the information must not be true since their are others who also claimed the credit and have been accepted.
          • Ok, I am back....after researching the information more I was able to find this on the actual IRS website.

IRS To Accept Returns Claiming Education Credits by Mid-February

IR-2013-10, Jan. 28, 2013

WASHINGTON — As preparations continue for the Jan. 30 opening of the 2013 filing season for most taxpayers, the Internal Revenue Service announced today that processing of tax returns claiming education credits will begin by the middle of February.

Taxpayers using Form 8863, Education Credits, can begin filing their tax returns after the IRS updates its processing systems. Form 8863 is used to claim two higher education credits -- the American Opportunity Tax Credit and the Lifetime Learning Credit.

The IRS emphasized that the delayed start will have no impact on taxpayers claiming other education-related tax benefits, such as the tuition and fees deduction and the student loan interest deduction. People otherwise able to file and claiming these benefits can start filing Jan. 30.

As it does every year, the IRS reviews and tests its systems in advance of the opening of the tax season to protect taxpayers from processing errors and refund delays. The IRS discovered during testing that programming modifications are needed to accurately process Form 8863.  Filers who are otherwise able to file but use the Form 8863 will be able to file by mid-February. No action needs to be taken by the taxpayer or their tax professional.  Typically through the mid-February period, about 3 million tax returns include Form 8863, less than a quarter of those filed during the year.

The IRS remains on track to open the tax season on Jan. 30 for most taxpayers. The Jan. 30 opening includes people claiming the student loan interest deduction on the Form 1040 series or the higher education tuition or fees on Form 8917, Tuition and Fees Deduction. Forms that will be able to be filed later are listed on IRS.gov.

Updated information will be posted on IRS.gov.

Follow the IRS on New Media

Subscribe to IRS Newswire
            Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 09-Jan-2014
          • This was the date for last year, 2013. Its not true for 2014 because i filed education credits and my refund was accepted and now is in processing. All the forms for the state of NC are ready, but this date my be true for other states. Not all states will be ready at the same time. I'm in NC and we're good to go!
          • AlvinH that was from last year
          • That was from last year @alvin. Everything is ago this year.
          • Ok, thanks
          • I filed thru turbotax 1/12, it was sent to the tax authority 1/24 & I still haven't heard anything. Why??
            & my boyfriend filed 1/18, it was sent to the tax authority today & has already been accepted. Does the irs process in any particular order??
          • ,ime was excepted ;ast year early with the education and eic credit and they were having delays with both forms and mine said processing for almost 4 and a half mos so just because it got accepted and is processing means nothing...it could say processing for mos
          • I just want to know if they are not really excepting the education credits until the 15th?!
          • It's Accepting not EXCEPTING. There aren't any delays this year with form 8863 (education credit).
          • My wife filed on the 5th and she is claiming education credits and still hasnt been accepted.....wonder why?
          • ok miss beauty smart ass im a nursing student not a fukin idiot ok it was a typo so get the hell over it....u want everyone to blast ur ass when u make a simple fukin error...i'm pissed and tired of little smart mouths like you :)
          • It's not that serious Natalie. Calm down Hun. Have a great morning.
          • I did and mine was accepted today
          • A filed edu credit and was accepted 24th
          • Same here text but no email & WMr has one bar
          • no email no text darn
          It was Jan 25 last year. Mine was accepted early as well in the "test run"
            Filed like 2 weeks ago and been pending until today.
            • A lot of times that signifies an upcoming audit! Did you answer everything truthfully? I'm sure you did!

Haha just kidding. They have their random process. They don't go by who puts it in first, it's one of their own games they play. I wouldn't sweat it. By tomorrow te 31st or February 1st you should be accepted.
            • yea i know its coming i filed on the 24th so that should mean i will get accepted tomorrow since im at the front of the line
            • meaning i will get my refund probly the beginning or middle of next week
            I did my taexs jan 21 2014 with jackson hewitt. Jan 25th I got a email saying my federal refund has been sent to the irs. Then i
            Checked my tax manger it says my federal return was acknowledged and my state was in process. But when I go to weres my refund it can't provide any information. Any answers??
            • Did the message say that your taxes have been sent to the IRS or that the IRS has accepted? The message should have said they have been accepted. However, it could be that the IRS have received your taxes but the information has not updated in the system.
            • where's my refund will not work until Jan 31st
            • I'm able to get on there now
            • Has anyone went from received to approved on where's my refund after being accepted?
            • No not yet.
            • Not yet for me.
            I had education credits. I was accepted today. @natalieperez.032
            • just because It has been accepted doesn't mean it will ness go through processing...mine was accepted last yr and was held in errors for 4 mos all due to the irs software and pc glitches..I had to get a tax advocate just to help me to get them to finally release my refund and my taxes are pretty much the same every yr and have never had any issues in the previous years it was a disaster and millions were affected by this sadly..most were do to education credits so my question is for this year has anyone actually got a DDD yet that claimed an education credit?
            • btw I did my taxes on Jan 30,  last year and was accpeted Feb , 2013 and as I said I sat in processing 4 freakin months!!!! I finally received my refund in June :)   again, all due to the education credit disaster and the EIC glitch...I haven't sent mine in yet but they are ready just waiting...I was going to hold mine until around the 5th or so so that way if they have any problems I won't be caught up in them this year lol....my cousin filed a week after me and had no prob got her refund in the normal time frame.
            • ***accepted feb 2, 2013
            • Well, last year was a special occurrence due to the fiscal cliff. There were forms set to expire, that were renewed. One dealing with form 8863. This year they are ready, with no delays.

has nayone who claimed an education credit this year got a DDD yet that's my question?! Last year they accepted your return but majority sat in processing at the error dept for months!!! all due to the 8863 education credit and 8867 EIC glitches...they didn't even start processing returns w education credits last year until 2/15/13 so most who sent there's in before that date are the one's who were affected as far as I've seen...my 2014 taxes are complete and ready to be sent in but after last years fiasco i'm terrified lol...I was thinking of holding on to it until the the 5th or so lol

• I do not think anyone has received a DDD as of yet. Last year, the IRS system updates took place on ever Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday nights...If this year will be the same then I would not expect DDD to start showing up until early Thursday morning...
            • I have a ddd of 2/20 and I filed on 1/26 and accepted email on 1/28 with the ddd
            • Is that the date on WMR or from TT

I have a question that could probably answer most questions. Common sense question. I've read that many received there actual refund on the 31st last year and the 1st as well when their returns were accepted early. Now last year the processing date was the 30th, but like this year they accepted some early.BEFORE the 30th did the where's my refund tool give you the date of your refund the 31st or 1st? Or did it appear on the actual day of the 30th. As I'm sure whoever got an email saying it was accepted early, like this year, you all were checking for the date....?

• If anyone can answer this question I'm sure it would allow a lot of people to calm down and not check it daily until the actually processing day this year which is the 31st. Although I'm pretty sure there will still be a lot who will check it anyways lol..
            • Last year i didnt get a date till the day before it went in my account on feb 1
            • Sheliasanchez when did they accept yours last year?
            • I think it was 1-26
            • Thank you
            • Last year mine was supposed to deposited on the 6th but it was in my account  on the 2nd

i filed on the 24th of jan, and still status is pending. why????

• They didn't start accepting every return, I guess some were picked at random as far as I know. I got accepted on the 26th tho
            I filed Jan 11th and mine was accepted Jan 24th at 12:16pm. Guess I'm one in a million.

Filed on the 10th and got accepted on Jan. 24.  And yes I did have education credy wits....  You never know....the Gov. is so wishy washy LOL!

I filed 1/26/14, Federal was accepted today 1/28/14, IRS says received at the first orange bar, State still pending, I live in Pa. anyone else filed 1/26/14?

• I filed on 1/25/14  and got accepted today 1/28/14.  Checked the IRS website (where's my refund) and it states that my refund is being processed.  So hopefully soon!
                • Hello spowell2k14, I just filed on the 27th so if yours was accepted within the 24-48 hours time allotted then I too should be hearing something soon. Your comment also helped in providing relief regarding the wait time to be accepted. best wishes and good luck! =)
                • Good luck too u as well angie1100 i will post again if anything changes
                • My federal was accepted today 1/28 but my state was accepted on the 24th, the day after I filed.
                • I filed on the 26th and both my federal and Wisconsin state was accepted. I too have the first orange bar going for me. Last year mine was accepted on the 25th by the government and I had my refund in my account on the 4th. I had filed early like I did this year. I also had education credits this year and last year so I hope to get it early.
                • I too filed on the 26 and was accepted on the 28 so hopefully we have good news by the end of the week. my expected ddd is 2/20 did you get a ddd yet?
                • Hi tray_trevon, did you receive your ddd via the wmr or via tt? Just thought I would ask so that I could check for mine as well thanks! =)
                • I filed on the 26th and my Federal was accepted on the 27th and SC state on the 28th. I have since moved and my NC state is still pending. I always file early (usually much earlier than I did this year) and have been accepted within a few days and I'm always in the first bunch of refunds DD to my bank. I always use the free edition but pay for the state. Last year I got my refund on the 5th.
                • yes i filed on the 27th last year and i got mine on the 4th so u might get it agein on the 5th or 4th this year i filed way earlier that i did last year (24th) and im hoping to recieve my refund around the same time too
                • angie I received my ddd via tt. but I also found this online IRS accepts your return (by 11:00 am) between…* Projected Direct Deposit Sent* Projected Paper Check Mailed* January 24 and January 31 2014 2/5/2014 2/7/2014 February 01 and February 08 2014 2/12/2014 2/14/2014 February 09 and February 15 2014 2/19/2014 - See more at: http://refundschedule.com/2014-irs-e-file-chart/#sthash.yPJsIQrA.dpuf
                • so it may be sooner than we think
                • i think it will be especially since they start processing at 12;00 tonight
                • yay I feel like a child waiting on Santa for Christmas lol
                • yip me too i need this money sooo bad lol
                • I know I feel like I work everyday just to be broke every 2 weeks
                • me too so this money will be my light at the end of the tunnel
                • Thanks tray_trevon for the update we may just get lucky and receive something next week! To all of you good luck and best wishes with your refund dont spend it all at once! LOL!!! =)
                • lol, easier said then done. engine blew up in my car, so car shopping I must go
                • Hey kaallen I am so sorry to hear that and completely understand. I am a single mother and have a daughter in college freshman year and still has books to purchsase that funds did not cover. We just had a bad snow storm and my car window motor went out, so I truly understand, but hold on it will happen. I know some feel that this is petty and maybe even childish, but its only once out of the year we get to reap what we sown working to get the reward we so deserve. Hang in there and be well! =_)
                • yes i have been taking the bus all year and need the money jus as much so i understand what you guys are going thru
                • Amen to that mellymel654! We just got hold on and hold out!
                • Well if all else fails, we can always TAKE our money back!   I'm sure with all the money the fe deral I R S building has, it will bur n nicely :-) only half serious!
                • yes but i am holding out to expect something by the 5th at the latest the 7th im praying and crossing my fingers
                I filed on the 20th and was accepted on the 27th .. does that mean that I will get my refund.. in that the irs accepted it ..
                • It is a possibility...The IRS started accepting returns last year also and for many people accepted early received their refunds 1/30 and 1/31...I am guessing since they also started accepting early this year some will have direct deposits by Friday...
                what day you got accepted
                  Filed on the 25th and was accepted on the 28th. Hoping the return will hit my acct in a at least a few days.

I filed my federal return on 1/31/14 at 1:30 pm.  I got an email that the IRS accepted my return at 9:30 pm and at 10:00 pm the Where's My Refund had the info that my return was received and being processed.  

Hopefully it is processed in less than 21 days as their general refund info states.

Yes money money money :)     its here
                    • when was yours approved ?