TurboTax Product Support
To check your E-File status you can sign into your TurboTax Online account or open your file in the TurboTax CD/Download version. If you are not seeing a message about your e-file status you will need to go to the File tab and proceed through the screens to make sure your return was e-filed.
If you have already e-filed you will see your status.
Pending: Your e-filed return hasn't been accepted or rejected yet.
Accepted: The IRS has gotten and approved of your tax return, but has not fully reviewed it.
Rejected: There was an error on your tax return.
Some other options to check your e-file status are MyTaxRefund, an app you can download on your phone or you can give us a call at (deleted - please use the link posted below).
People come to TurboTax AnswerXchange for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:
- Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
- Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
- Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
- Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
- Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.