TurboTax AnswerXchange Home Page

How can I check my efile status?

To check your E-File status you can sign into your TurboTax Online account or open your file in the TurboTax CD/Download version. If you are not seeing a message about your e-file status you will need to go to the File tab and proceed through the screens to make sure your return was e-filed.

If you have already e-filed you will see your status.

Pending: Your e-filed return hasn't been accepted or rejected yet.

Accepted: The IRS has gotten and approved of your tax return, but has not fully reviewed it.

Rejected: There was an error on your tax return.

Some other options to check your e-file status are MyTaxRefund, an app you can download on your phone or you can give us a call at (deleted - please use the link posted below).

• I'm trying to amend my 2012 taxes.  I filed online, and am following directions to amend the file, by downloading the computer software.  When I go to amend the file, I'm told that the e-file hasn't been accepted yet.  It says to check the status of e-file click on file and select the check e-file status.  My file tab doesn't have the option to check for the e-file status.  Without the software recognizing that it's already been accepted, I can't amend my return.  I attempted to call the number above and it gave a pre-recorded message and then hung up on me!  How am I supposed to fix this?
    • I'm having the same issue.  Downloaded the software to amend my 2012 return.  Software says I need to wait because the status of my e-filed return is still pending. Software advices that I can check the status of my return by "1) Selecting the File tab; and 2) Then selecting Check E-File Status." This option doesn't exist under the File menu, and there is no File tab.
    • Please contact us through this link so we can do further troubleshooting. https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Similar questions other people found helpful: