How do I print and mail a return in the TurboTax for Mac CD/Download software?
You can file a conventional paper return in TurboTax for Mac. You'll need:
- A printer and paper (obviously);
- Sufficient postage to mail your return.
- Open your return in TurboTax.
- Click the File tab and proceed to the E-file Your Federal Return for FREE screen.
- Select the option File by mail near the bottom of your screen, then click Continue.
- On the following screen, select the return(s) you wish to print for mailing.
- Continue following the on-screen instructions until you get to the Print Tax Return For Mailing screen.
- On this screen, click Print Returns to Mail.
- After the "printing" graphic finishes loading, make any adjustments in the windows (printer, number of copies, etc.) and then click the Print button.
- When finished, click Continue and follow any additional on-screen instructions.
The first page in your printout package will be the File by Mail Instructions, which will provide the mailing address and what forms, if any, you need to include.
Important: To prevent identity theft, we recommend that you mail your return from a post office or give it directly to your mail carrier.