Form 1099 R Simplified method

The return keeps wanting to fill out a form for the Simplified method of this Retirement Distribution. There is nothing on the 1009 r that we received about this. The starting date is blank and all the other questions that it asks are blank. Help me with this ple3ase
  • Same issue. Very frustrating. I'm reporting pension income (retirement distribution) rather than pre-tax investments and the entire amount is being taxed. There should be no need to treat it as though it is a traditional IRA where some of the money was subject to tax years ago. I shouldn't have to deal with this worksheet, at all, yet, I can't move on without addressing the "errors".

.

• My problem had to do with Box 3 on the Simplified Method, where the "plan cost" was to be entered. That amount is reported on the 1099-R in Box 9b Total Employee Contributions. (In my case, $0.00) Entering that into the worksheet permitted me to move forward with confidence. The instructions provided do not clarify this connection between the 1099-R and Box 3 on the worksheet.
  • Wow..Yes...This worked
  • This worked for me also.
  • Yes, entering 0.00 works but is correct?