If I have my Turbotax fees deducted from my refund will this delay my refund?

From what I've seen with four of us who filed on the same day, had February 6 as our date for the refund from the IRS but two paid up front and two had it withheld from the refund, paying with the refund definitely causes a delay.  The two who paid up front received their refunds direct deposited today.  The other two did not.  According to sbtpg, the bank handling the transfers, the IRS is delaying releasing the money to them.   It seems deliberate on the part of the IRS to process those going directly into the taxpayer's bank account first and then those going to the third party processor.   If this is the norm, TurboTax should indicate that paying from your refund will indeed delay receiving it.

I truly hope that this is not true. I myself had to choose to pay fees with my refund. I simply did not have the money to spare. This is my first time using TurboTax.... I will keep the faith that TurboTax was honest about this in their disclosures. 1 day I can live with any longer I will be gravely disappointed:(...:)

One of my co-workers filed after me but paid her fees upfront and she received her return already. So I believe there is a delay.

IRS website stated that my refund should be deposited by Monday the 10th but I received it last night. It doesn't appear to me that withholding the payment from the refund delayed it.

I had my fees deducted & it did not delay my refund.  I got it on the date that the IRS website said I would.

I'm trying to respond to the initial question but can't seem to find the option from my phone. Anyway, the IRS site 'where's my refund' showed me this morning that my refund would be deposited by Monday the 10th. I filed on January 31st. I'm hoping that it's correct. I'll keep you guys updated on whether or not I receive it as the IRS has stated.

Mine was supposed to be deposited today according to Where's My Refund... not there today as scheduled... maybe tomorrow hopefully.