, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
Some customers are experiencing the following error when going through the State of North Carolina error check.
Check this Entry: Information Worksheet: Hspdob must be entered
However the error does not provide you with instructions on how to resolve the error.
This error is caused if you are filing a Married Filing Separate or Qualifying Widower return and the Spouse's date of birth is not entered.
We will be resolving this issue in a product update scheduled for February 14, 2014 however, follow these steps to enter the spouse's date of birth and workaround the issue
- Locate and click on Personal Info and click continue
- Continue until you get to a summary page, and click on edit under the spouse's name
- Enter the Date of Birth and any other information that is missing
- Continue through the return and run the state error check again
- The error should be gone.