TurboTax AnswerXchange Home Page

Can I use turbo tax 2011, 2012 and 2013 to calculate my taxes, print the forms, and then mail them as part of my package for the New Streamlined Filing Compliance procedures for foreign residents?

Can I e-file the 2013, then print it and the 2011 and 2012 taxes that I calculated with prior years downloaded turbotax, and include it as part of my package? I can't calculate all this on my own.

It sounds like you have the software for 2011 and 2012 prior years. So, if I were you, as these are delinquent returns and may well have been assigned to IRS/ACS - Automated Collection System, I would submit each one separately, and spaced about 2 or 3 weeks apart, so that the processing is done in proper sequence, particularly if there is any dependency from year to year.

I would also call the IRS - particularly if you received a notice or letter such as CP-2000 or the like. The point is to ask where the 2011 and 2012 returns should be sent as it may be that they have to go to a processing center different from the one that is published as handling current year returns.

I'm not sure what you mean by calculate as you say you have the prior year downloaded TurboTax - or did you just mean tax files.  Each year you need a separate set of year specific software

Hi Rhuber

I am in the same exact position as you, did you have success with this approach and was it simple enough to make sure your foreign tax credits were included? Would be great to find out as I wish to file this way for 2014 then the 3 delinquent filings too! 

Many thanks, Will

Similar questions other people found helpful: