Is the Cobra I pay for my ex-wife deductible as alimony?

Are you required under the terms of your divorce to pay for health insurance and does your divorce decree consider your payments as alimony?
    • I am required to pay her Cobra for 36 months.  It is not called alimony but nothing in the decree says that it is not alimony.  We do not file joint returns.  I pay the Cobra directly to the hospital that sponsors the insurance.  I'm looking at the Publication 504 definition of alimony:
      Alimony Requirements
      A payment to or for a spouse under a divorce or separation instrument is alimony if the spouses do not file a joint return with each other and all the following requirements are met.
      The payment is in cash. (I write a check each month)
      The instrument does not designate the payment as not alimony.
      The spouses are not members of the same household at the time the payments are made. This requirement applies only if the spouses are legally separated under a decree of divorce or separate maintenance.
      There is no liability to make any payment (in cash or property) after the death of the recipient spouse.
      The payment is not treated as child support. (Our son's are in their 20's and 30's)