New computer; transfer 2012 TurboTax return from old computer.

Last year I prepared my 2012 TurboTax return on my old computer.  I  now have a new computer.  I read the instructions for transferring the 2012 return to my new computer but have not been successful.  I do not have a "thumb drive".  I tried preparing a "PDF" on the old computer but I am unsure if I did.....no PDF icon appeared on my desktop.  And even if I did prepare a PDF I wouldn't know what to do with it.  I know very little about computers.  Please.....I need a "step-by-step" instruction to get my 2012 information transferred to 2013, preferably with your personnel instructing every step of the way.  I never had this problem before although I've been using TurboTax for ten years (but never changed computers).  Thank you.

Answer

1 person found this helpful

You need your prior years return in a .tax2012 format for it to transfer over to your new computer and be usable by TT13

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Default user avatars original
Employee
1 additional answer

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community