Program will not run after installation. windows 8.1 operation system. Installed from cd.

• I have same problem. Just bought turbo tax business from Costco. It installs on Windows 8.1 but I can' run it. When I double click on the icon, I see a green box for a second or so and then nothing happens. Please fix it or I will have to return it to Costco. I even did an uninstall and a fresh install. Doesn't work!

Is it giving you any type of error, or do you just click on the icon and it won't open? You might try uninstalling the program and reinstalling it again and see if that corrects your issue. Give us some more details if you need further assistance.

1. On the Windows taskbar, click Start, and then select Control Panel. (In Windows 8, access Control Panel from the Power User menu, which is opened by simultaneously pressing the WIN and X keys.)
  2. Click Uninstall a program (Windows 8/7) – Programs and Features (Vista) – or Add or Remove Programs (XP).
  3. Scroll down to the TurboTax version you want to remove, select it, and then click the Remove, Change, or Uninstall button.
  4. On the Repair/Uninstall TurboTax screen, click the Uninstall TurboTax button.

• I have same problem. Just bought turbo tax business from Costco. It installs on Windows 8.1 but I can' run it. When I double click on the icon, I see a green box for a second or so and then nothing happens. Please fix it or I will have to return it to Costco.
  • I even did an uninstall and a fresh install. Doesn't work!