Does turbo tax deluxe include schedule D?

and its accompanying forms

For the 2013 tax year TurboTax Deluxe will not include the schedule D.

The schedule D and accompanying forms are available on TurboTax Premiere however.

• Unethical bait and switch, basic schedule D has always been there in Deluxe.  To remove it from Online version is a sign on greed and simply showing that Intuit TT is willing to trade customer loyalty for an extra $20.  It's short sited to force loyal returning customers to upgrade, as now they think twice before using TT next time.

Why the difference this year with online and boxed product ?

• We are just other users and don't know.  We always recommend using the Desktop CD/Download program and now especially this year.
    • why use the cd instead of online?  just curious.  thanks
    • In the Desktop program you can do unlimited federal returns and efile 5 (IRS limit).  Deluxe and above come with 1 free state PROGRAM download and you can do unlimited state returns.  You can see and enter directly into the forms.  It has a What-If Worksheet and you can save your return with a different name if you want to test out other things.  And you will always have access to your returns if you need to look at it in the future or need to amend it later.  Online shuts down each Oct and you may not be able to get your return after then.  Oh, and your return is stored on your own computer and not in a cloud online somewhere.
    • OK-thanks for all the information.  I wonder why turbotax online doesn't retain the tax return indefinitely.
    • I feel like I've been able to "print" a copy of my tax return from TurboTax online (or, rather, save it as a PDF on my own computer) in the past.
    • VolvoGirl-If another family member wants to use my desktop TT Deluxe, would he download the disc onto his computer to complete his tax return or would he need to use my TT Deluxe which is on my computer? thanks
    • It can be done either way so long as it is family non-commercial use.
    • I've used TT online for many years. I've saved a .pdf file onto my own computer every year.