Cant install my 2013 CD with Windows 8

My install does not work. What can I do to install my Turbo Tax on my new computer with Windows 8?

I had the same problem.  After reading a few "solutions," I combined some of them and did my own thing.  It works like a charm.  Try this:

1.  Turn off (or temporarily disable) anti-virus.  (I use Avast and it is easy to turn on and off.)

2.  Using the Control Panel, right click on the drive containing your TT program.  Choose "expand."  

3.  Open the "TurboTax 2013" folder and choose the "TurboTax 2013 Installer."  (Choosing the .exe file did nothing for me.)

4.  Turn your anti-virus back on.

It installed and I was able to go immediately to start a new return.  Hope this helps.  

• saving for my own info, TY.
       I hate it that you have to disable your antivirus to set up such an important and personal  program.

Try this -

If you are installing from a CD:

1. Press Windows+E to bring up Windows explorer and locate your CD drive.
    2. Right-click the TurboTax CD (while it is in the drive) and select Explore.
    3. Open the “TurboTax 2013” folder and run "TurboTax 2013 Installer.exe"