Download is stuck on fix. NET Framework 4.0

• utilityreduction- I'm not 100% clear as to what your question is.  It appears as though you are having .net framework 4.0 issues when downloading TurboTax, is that correct?
  • yes
I have the same issue.  The 2013 install keeps trying to "fix" Framework 4.  I have uninstalled, re-installed and updated Framework 4 client profile and TT 2013 still will not install on XP SP 3 with all updates every patch Tuesday!! 

I am a software developer and have a commercial product that I have been selling and supporting since 1987 also based on the .NET Framework so I have a better knowledge of the Frameworks than most.  I have uninstalled, re-installed and updated the Framework 4 Client Profile twice and TT 2013 Basic still will NOT install.  It keeps showing the attached dialogs.

I have used TT for 10 or more years and it has never failed like this before.  TT2013 is the first version to use Framework 4 AFAIK.

They need to fix this ASAP.
  • I am having the same problem.  How do you fix it??
  • I logged into my Intuit account and downloaded a copy of Tt2013. No problem installing the downloaded version. Like you, I couldn't install from the CD.
  • On Jan 13th, I got this from Intuit: "We have created a fix for this issue that is currently in the final testing phase, and we will be releasing it as of January 24th. We will send out an email within the next week with instructions on how to obtain the fix."
  • How do I get the update when the program will not install?
  • It will probably be a new full installation; not a literal "update"
  • I got an email notification that a new install (update) is available as of January 24th that solves this issue.  As noted in the email, I went to my online Intuit account and downloaded the latest version (w_turbotax_1040_bsc_2013.090.0101.exe).

It installed just fine and I was able to successfully import my 2012 data ... so everything is now working as expected.

Thank you very much!!

I have the same problem, Windows 32bit Windows 7. Will not install from the CD.

I also have the same problem....whats with Intuit?  How come hasnt been fixed???

• It has been fixed.  I got the fix and it installed just fine.  Already have my tax refund!

Next year I'll install it on a Windows 7 or 8.1 machine.

It has been fixed.  I got the fix and it installed just fine.  Already have my tax refund!

If a software developer can't get it to download, how can mere mortals be expected to?  Is there any plan for a fix?
    • rsweetnam, we have indeed been working on a fix for it and have identified the issue as exclusive to XP Sp3 users.  We have been able to correct the issue by using the standalone installer available here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17718 to be installed before installing TurboTax 2013.

I hope this helps!
    • Also see this re Windows XP:
      http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/end-support-help
    • TT2013 itself tries to install Framework 4 Client Profile which is subset of the Full Framework 4.  Your link above (dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe) installs the Full Framework probably because the TT2013 code requires  some objects/functions that are not in the Client Profile and therefore must have the Full Framework to run.  If that is the case, why is it an XP SP3 only issue?
    • I completely uninstalled Framework 4 Client Profile.  I then clicked on the MS link provided above and installed the Full Framework 4.  I then ran Windows Update several times and installed all updates.

Finally, I tried to install TT2013 ... It still failed just as it did before ... sorry but no cigar.

Please find fix ASAP!!!!
    • This is in Event Viewer

Event Type: Information
      Event Source: MsiInstaller
      Event Category: None
      Event ID: 11708
      Date: 12/4/2013
      Time: 9:46:22 PM
      User: TIGER\Ron
      Computer: TIGER
      Description:
      The description for Event ID ( 11708 ) in Source ( MsiInstaller ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Product: TurboTax 2013 WinPerReleaseEngine -- Installation failed., (NULL), (NULL), (NULL), (NULL), , .
      Data:
      0000: 7b 32 41 34 45 45 42 35   {2A4EEB5
      0008: 43 2d 33 42 41 36 2d 34   C-3BA6-4
      0010: 32 39 39 2d 41 38 37 46   299-A87F
      0018: 2d 37 38 33 38 36 31 42   -783861B
      0020: 35 36 37 44 39 7d         567D9}
    • rfluegge- I'm sorry to hear that didn't work out for you. We have been able to get the program installed using the Full Framework install posted above on several machines experiencing the issue, but it isn't a one size fits all fix.

In the following post, https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900034-error-code-65535-unexpected-error there is a link to add your information to our database, in the last sentence, so that we can notify you once a permanent fix is identified.

Again I apologize for the frustration this is causing you.  Our engineers are hard at work on a permanent solution as we understand the bad experience the problem is causing.
    • I could not find a link to add my info to your database ... That post has been closed and is not open for comments or answers.
    • rfluegge- I owe you an apology! I posted the wrong article in the above comment and I am very sorry. I checked this time before posting the correct article, I promise.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901608-error-1603-a-fatal-error-occurred-during-installation-or-updating

As a side note, all postings by TurboTax FAQ are immediatley "closed and not open to comment or answers".

Since you have been having so much trouble, I would also like to at this point, recommend contacting our customer support, to see if there isn't any additional help they may be able to offer.

You can do so by following this link: https://turbotax.intuit.com/support/contact/index.jsp entering your reason for contacting us, then choosing to call or chat with an agent.

Thank you for letting me know of my mistake. Have a great day and I hope this gets resolved for you asap.
    • I spent 1+ hours on the phone w/customer support and they could not resolve it even with remote desktop and them seeing my machine.  They finally decided to escalate it up the support chain ... and that's where I am ... waiting