TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
5523 people found this useful

How do I save my 2016 TurboTax Online return as a PDF?

After you've filed, it's a good idea to save your return as a PDF (Portable Document Format) which can be viewed or printed using the free Adobe Reader or Foxit Reader software.

1. Sign in and open (continue) your online return, if you're not already signed in. Make sure you've gone past the blue "Simple and accurate" screen.
  2. From the My Account drop-down at the top, select Print center. (If you are using the TurboTax mobile app you will not have this option.  Please signin on a computer and continue the following steps.)
  3. In the TurboTax Print Center pop-up window, click the first option (Print, save, or preview this year's return) and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • If you haven't yet paid your TurboTax Online fee (or registered, if you're in a free version), you'll need to do so before you can save the PDF.

If you make changes to your return after saving your PDF, repeat these steps to ensure that your PDF file stays in-synch with your online data.

Tip: PDF files cannot be opened or read by TurboTax software, which means they cannot be used for amending or troubleshooting calculation issues. For this reason, we recommend that you also save your completed return as a tax data file.

GEN85509