How do I save my return as a PDF in the TurboTax software for Windows?
This lets you view and print your tax return if your tax file gets corrupted or if you no longer have the TurboTax software.
- Open your return in TurboTax.
- In the upper right corner, click Print Center (or choose Save to PDF from TurboTax's File menu).
- You can select an option other than the default All official forms required for filing.
- Click the Save As PDF button.
- In the Save As window, change the default location if desired, then click Save.
If you make changes to your original return, repeat these steps to ensure your .tax file and PDF copy are synced-up and contain the same data.
- Open your PDF return.
- Click the printer icon to open the Print window (or select Print from the File menu in the upper left corner).
Adobe Reader XI version 11.0.5; other versions may differ slightly
- Make any adjustments in the Print window, such as number of copies, and then select the Print button at the bottom.
- If nothing prints or the PDF saves instead of prints, repeat Steps 1 and 2 and then:
- Select the Advanced button near the top of the popup window;
- Clear the Print to File checkbox;
- Click OK, and then select the Print button again.