, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
(Recommended) Check your e-file status through TurboTax
We think the best way to check your e-file status is through TurboTax. First, wait 24-48 hours after e-filing and then sign in to TurboTax Online or open your return in the TurboTax CD/Download software.
If you don't see a message about the your e-file status, click the File tab and go through the screens to make sure your return was e-filed.
E-file Status Definitions
- Pending simply means your e-filed return hasn't been accepted or rejected yet.
- Returns filed in January will stay in Pending status until the IRS starts reviewing returns on January 30.
- On or after January 30, e-filed returns generally sit in Pending status for 24-48 hours before being accepted or rejected. (This includes any returns that have been resubmitted.)
- If you contact the IRS or state tax agency while your return is in Pending status, they might not be able to give you the most accurate info on it. More info
- Rejected means there is an error on your tax return. If that happens, you'll need to fix it and file again. More info
- Accepted means the IRS has gotten and approved of your tax return, but hasn't yet fully reviewed it.
- If you're expecting a refund, the IRS will need to approve your refund amount first. After it's approved, they'll send it to you however you chose to get your refund.
- Find out how to track your federal tax refund by clicking here.
- If you need to contact the IRS to ask questions about your return or your refund, please wait at least 72 hours after your return's been accepted. Before then, the IRS might get confused and tell you that you never filed a return.
- If you need to make changes to your return after the IRS has received it, you'll need to amend your return, which is another way to say fix or change it.
Other ways to check your e-file status
Between 24-48 hours of e-filing, you'll get an email saying that you've e-filed, and then you'll get a second email (plus a text message, if you asked for one) with your return's status once the IRS or state tax agency either accepts or rejects your return. Not getting our e-mails or text messages?
Here are some other ways to look up your e-file status:
- Download MyTaxRefund — Use our free app to get the status of both your federal and state e-filed returns. It's pretty slick!
- Click here to check your status online
- Call us toll-free at 1-866-888-2402.
Nothing found when checking your e-file status
If you get the message No Return E-filed while looking up your status in TurboTax, click the Continue button and follow the our instructions.
This is really important: your return won't get e-filed unless you click the green Transmit Returns Now button, pictured below.
If you get the message No Record Found when looking up your joint return online, try entering your spouse's Social Security number. Also make sure you e-filed your return correctly by clicking here and following the directions.
You can also check out these articles for more info: "No status available" or "Cannot get status without an SSN"
- Why am I not getting any e-file status update emails or text messages?
- How do I fix a rejected return?
- What is MyTaxRefund?
- E-file status is "Pending" but the IRS or State has no record of your tax return
- "No status available" or "Cannot get status without an SSN" when looking up your e-file status
- How to e-file your personal (individual) tax return