, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
If you are a registered user of TurboTax and you receive a larger refund amount or must pay a smaller tax due amount using another tax preparation method other than TurboTax, then Intuit will refund to you the applicable purchase price paid by you for the federal and/or state TurboTax product license you purchased.
Claims must be submitted within sixty (60) days of the date you filed your tax return using TurboTax, but no later than December 15, 2014.
All other fees are excluded including, electronic filing fees, Audit Defense, Tax Advice, Refund Processing Service and technical support fees. This guarantee cannot be combined with the Satisfaction Guarantee.
To qualify, the larger refund or smaller tax due cannot be attributed to variations in data you provided for tax preparation or for positions taken by you or your preparer that are contrary to the law.
If you received a larger refund amount or must pay a smaller tax due using another tax preparation method other than TurboTax, you must notify Intuit within sixty (60) days of the date you filed your tax return by submitting a claim with the following documents:
- Maximum Refund Guarantee Claim Request Summary;
- Copy of your TurboTax store sales receipt or shipment packing slip;
- Copy of your proof of payment for another tax preparation method (if applicable);
- Copy of your TurboTax data file;
- Copy of the printed return from TurboTax and the other tax preparation method; and
- Letter stating your refund or tax due amount using TurboTax and your refund or tax due amount using another tax preparation method.
Send it to:
Intuit Consumer Group Inc.
112 Hidden Lake Circle
Duncan, SC 29334
Please use a traceable mailing method and maintain copies of submitted items for your records. Claims of non-payment will require photocopy substantiation of all required items.
Please allow up to 6 weeks for processing and delivery. If after 8 weeks you have not received your check, contact us.