TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
345 people found this useful

Can I claim the AMT (Alternative Minimum Tax) credit?

If you paid AMT (Alternative Minimum Tax) because of the timing of certain items in a particular tax year, you may be able to claim a special AMT credit in later years.

Generally this means you need to have paid AMT as a result of exercising an incentive stock option or because of other items that you could've postponed paying taxes on until later, such as an AMT adjustment relating to accelerated depreciation. TurboTax will help you find out how much credit is available and how much you can use.