TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
359 people found this useful

Form 1065, U.S. Return of Partnership Income

Form 1065 is an information return used to report the income, gains, losses, deductions, credits, etc., from the operation of a partnership. A partnership does not pay tax on its income but “passes through” any profits or losses to its partners on a Schedule K-1.

If you are a partner in a partnership, the information you need to prepare your individual tax return is on the Schedule K-1 you received from the partnership, not on Form 1065. K-1s can be complicated forms with lots of lines, but TurboTax asks about the data you need to enter.

Here is how to enter your Form 1065 Schedule K-1 information in TurboTax:

  1. In TurboTax, search for k-1 (with the dash, either lower case or caps) 
  2. Click on Jump to k-1 
  3. You'll see the Schedule K-1 or Q screen. Click Yes. 
  4. On the Tell Us About Your Schedules K-1 screen, click Start/Update next to Partnerships/LLCs (Form 1065)
  5. On the following screens, enter your Schedule K-1 information.