TurboTax Installation Hangs at 0%
The TurboTax installation program hangs at 0%.
The Windows Installer is damaged.
These steps are for Windows XP. For Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10, access the Task manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc:
- Press Ctrl-Alt-Del, and then select Task Manager.
- Click the Processes tab, and then click Image Name to alphabetize the processes.
- If msiexec.exe is in the list, select it, and then click End Process.
- On the Windows taskbar, click Start, then Control Panel.
- Double-click Administrative Tools, and then Services.
- Locate and open the Windows Installer service.
- Verify that the startup type is manual and the service status is stopped.
- Install (or update) TurboTax.
If the same problem persists, download the Windows Installer.
And if that still doesn't help, follow the steps on the Microsoft site.