Minimum System Requirements for TurboTax Windows Software
Here are the minimum system requirements for TurboTax 2012 through 2015 software for Windows Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business, and Business editions.
Note that after the 2016 tax year, Vista will no longer be supported.
- 2015: Windows 10, Windows 8.0/8.1, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
- 2014: Windows 8.0/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP with Service Pack 3+
- 2013 and 2012: Windows 8.0/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or 32-bit Windows XP with Service Pack 3+
Administrator rights are required to install and run TurboTax on Windows Vista or later.
- 2015 and 2014: Intel Pentium 4 or later/AMD Athlon or later
- 2013 and 2012: 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or faster
Hard Drive Space
- 2015 and 2014: 650 MB
- 2013 and 2012: 500 MB plus another 15 MB if installing a state product
Add another 1.5 GB if the Microsoft .NET 4 client isn't already on your system.
RAM: 1 GB minimum (TurboTax 2012 only require 512 MB but we recommend 1 GB).
Internet connection: At minimum, you'll need a 56 Kbps to e-file and download program updates. Broadband is highly recommended.
Monitor resolution: 1024×768 minimum (TurboTax 2012 can get by with 800×600, but we recommend 1024×768).
Adobe Reader 8.0 or higher to preview or print your tax forms. TurboTax 2015 requires Adobe Reader 10 or higher.
Windows-compatible inkjet or laser printer if you want to print your tax return or any tax forms.
We no longer sell or support TurboTax for 2011 or earlier tax years.