Minimum System Requirements for TurboTax Windows Software
Here are the minimum system requirements for TurboTax 2014 through 2017 software for Windows Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business, and Business editions.
- 2017: Windows 10, Windows 8.0/8.1, or Windows 7 (Service Pack 1 or later)
- 2016: Windows 10, Windows 8.0/8.1, Windows 7 (Service Pack 1 or later), or Windows Vista (Service Pack 2 or later)
- 2015: Windows 10, Windows 8.0/8.1, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
- 2014: Windows 8.0/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP with Service Pack 3+
Administrator rights are required to install and run TurboTax on Windows Vista or later.
Processor: Pentium 4 or Athlon
Hard Drive Space
- 2016 and 2017: 650 MB, plus up to 4.5 GB for Microsoft.NET 4.5.2 client if not already installed.
- 2014 and 2015: 650 MB, plus up to 1.5 GB for Microsoft.NET 4 client if not already installed.
RAM: 1 GB or more recommended.
CD/DVD drive if installing from the CD.
Internet connection: 56 Kbps to e-file and download updates (broadband recommended).
Monitor resolution: 1024×768 or higher recommended.
If you want to view your tax forms onscreen, you'll need:
- 2016 and 2017: Adobe Reader 11 or higher
- 2015: Adobe Reader 10 or higher
- 2014: Adobe Reader 8 or higher
If you want to print your tax forms, you'll need the required version of Adobe Reader plus a Windows-compatible printer.
We no longer sell or support TurboTax for 2013 or earlier tax years.