"No Record Found" when looking up your e-file status at turbotax.com
Here's why you're getting the message No Record Found at our online e-file status lookup tool:
- You e-filed less than 24 hours ago.
- You mistyped the Social Security number.
- You mistyped the ZIP code (use the mailing address in the return which may be different from your physical location).
- You entered your Social Security number instead of your spouse's.
- You entered your spouse's Social Security number instead of yours (the lookup tool references the SSN of the first person listed on the return).
If you've eliminated all these possibilities, you probably didn't e-file. This can happen if you didn't go all the way to the end of the filing process or if your connection timed out when e-filing.
The solution is simple. Open your return and go through the File section again. Make sure you select the Transmit my returns now button. We recommend waiting 24-48 hours before checking your status again. If you still get No Record Found, your tax return isn't transmitting for some reason. Get help with e-file transmission issues.