Error 209 may occur when starting or running TurboTax.
If you are experiencing this issue please try these steps:
First, try uninstalling and then reinstalling TurboTax.
If this does not work please try the following steps:
- Browse to Program Files (x86) > Common Files > Intuit > TurboTax > TY15 (TYXX Depending on the year) > PER > MSI
- In the MSI Folder right-click on all the .MSI files and select Uninstall. Make sure you do this for each MSI file.
- Browse back to Program Files (x86) > Common Files > Intuit > TurboTax
- Right-Click the TY15(TYXX depending on year)
- Select Delete
- Browse to Program Files (x86) > TurboTax
- Right-Click and Select Delete for the folder associated with your TurboTax product. (Deluxe XXXX, Basic XXXX, Premier XXXX, Home and Business XXXX, ETC. Replace XXXX with the tax year associated with your TurboTax Product)
- Reboot your computer
- Re-Install TurboTax